From The Deben

It's a lovely river and at risk of upsetting folk here far prettier than the broads but only 10 miles navigable and much bigger tidal range and only tidemill is walk on pontoons  rest is swinging mooring and dinghy.

Woodbridge is a nice place with a lot of lovely medieval buildings, a few of the pubs are nice to just have a look inside (better with beer though).

Back to southwold this arvo then back to broads mayhem Sunday.

• Like 1

Lovely. Reminds me of a decent day out: Park at Woodbridge and walk along the river past the Deben Yacht Club, around Martlesham creek and if you have the stamina, to Waldringfield and the Maybush pub. Alternatively, drive to Waldringfield, park at the pub and stay there. :default_beerchug:

I spent my formative years sailing on the Deben with the Sea Scouts and later out on the lumpy stuff in a third of a Dragon. The scout group also had a sweet woodie mobo at Thurne Dyke which taught me you actually could get to the pub before closing! The rest is history. We're often to be found in the Maybush, Arms or FBI 😉