Repairable?

We have had for some years a tides clock. It has a fault in that it intermittently stops working and then restarts again. It is battery operated. Nobody seems to be able to repair it. We even took it into the clock hospital in Norwich and they said they were unable to replace the works unit, I think the fact that it's a tides clock comp!icates things . We would very much like to get it going again as it would be very useful now. It would be quite costly to replace - about £160.00 I think, so obviously a repair  would be preferable . Does anyone know whether/how this could be achieved?.

Carole

Traditional clock repairers charge double a new one would be - bite the bullet and get a new one or do as Paul suggests. To be honest if its for use on the Broads, then Broadland tides work nothing like the tides out at sea so it will not be accurate so you might just as well use the tide tables on Shorebase and adjust accordingly using your local knowledge!!

Well thats my view for what its worth!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1