Lionesse Football

Andrewcook

I wonder how many people on the Norfolk Broads watched it on TV  this evening, football as the Lionness was playing against  Sweden and beaten them by Four Goals to Nil chuffing Eck now on to Sunday's Final  I just hope the Boat Batteries are fully charged up for any one to watching  that game on TV  and good luck to the England Lioness 

• Thanks 1

Yes, well done indeed.

One big difference between the Lions and the Lionesses. When the lads go in front they sit back hoping to Nick a goal on a break

Not so the Ladies, they constantly press and go forward. Attack has always been the best line of defence. 

Our mens team can learn a lot from our Ladies. I hope they have been paying attention 

Griff

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Yes, well done indeed.

One big difference between the Lions and the Lionesses. When the lads go in front they sit back hoping to Nick a goal on a break

Not so the Ladies, they constantly press and go forward. Attack has always been the best line of defence. 

Our mens team can learn a lot from our Ladies. I hope they have been paying attention 

They are a really good unit and actually play as a team, although the mens team are hampered by an inept and overly defensive manager too.

The Spain game was tough but the ladies really look to have the momentum right now. The football Wiegman's got them playing is really mature, they managed the game really well to keep the ball away from Sweden after they went 1-0 up.

They're going to be hard to beat on Sunday :default_smile:

I just hope the women's game stays as it is and doesn't go the way of the men's; corrupted by money and egos.

So far, no rolling around the floor in fake agony and no deliberate "drawing a foul" as some of the men are renowned for. As long as that's the case I'll keep watching.

• Like 1

A lot of people on here are comparing the women's game with the mens ? it can not be compared, OK same rules, same size pitch, but there it ends. If the England women's team were to play against a very average 2nd division EFL team in a competitive match they would be hammered. It is an inferior product, slower, technically inferior, ladies lack the passion and aggression not to mention the strength and fitness of a male professional. A great achievement and a great performance I agree in its context of a women's game but  not to be compared to the real thing.:default_hiding:

Its like drinking alcohol free lager, why ?.........

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Lastdraft said:

A lot of people on here are comparing the women's game with the mens ? it can not be compared, OK same rules, same size pitch, but there it ends. If the England women's team were to play against a very average 2nd division EFL team in a competitive match they would be hammered. It is an inferior product, slower, technically inferior, ladies lack the passion and aggression not to mention the strength and fitness of a male professional. A great achievement and a great performance I agree in its context of a women's game but  not to be compared to the real thing.:default_hiding:

Its like drinking alcohol free lager, why ?.........

Think your the one making comparisons .  Your post was clearly made to get a reaction .

• Like 2

Been a great spectacle.

Lionesses seem to be growing into the tournament.

No comparisons from me to the men's game but for me the standard of women's football at this level is very very good. Gone is the mistakes that defined the women's game. 

Let's now see who we are up against in the final.

52 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

I have never liked football in any form it just not interest me at all.

I'm much the same but I would like to see the girls beat germany just to get one over the overpaid ego monkeys that are the regular england team (and most footballers).

13 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I'm much the same but I would like to see the girls beat germany just to get one over the overpaid ego monkeys that are the regular england team (and most footballers).

The regular England team that for the past 15 years have donated their match fees to charity, benefitting charities to the tune of several million pounds? :default_smile: 

• Like 2