New DRL offerings

Broads01

DRL Marine have added some additional craft to their choice. There's now two Safari 25s which look to be ex-Highcraft from the photo. They also have two evidently ex-Richardsons larger forward drive craft (Emerald Gem and a Bahama Major I think). They look good value, especially with the 10% discount if you pay in full by the end of the year. http://www.drlmarine.com/our-boats.php

I think DRL have just used an old stock photo of a Safari they ran until last year without masking the reg number as it shows their colours etc.

These ones are ex Richardsons I think.

Good to see an enlarged fleet... wonder if they made the (Blakes) brochure?

All the best

Dan

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

It also looks like they`ve got the main picture of "Wild time" as a Bahama class, yet the smaller picture of the other side looks like the smaller "Carribean" class. Also, the interior pictures show the galley and toilets as in the plan, but the plan shows the twin cabin as having the beds side by side, yet the picture quite clearly shows the twins as an "L" layout. Come on Dan, you`re the one that`s been on ALL the Ricko boats and taken photo`s, so what is the correct layout?.

It also looks like they`ve got the main picture of "Wild time" as a Bahama class, yet the smaller picture of the other side looks like the smaller "Carribean" class. Also, the interior pictures show the galley and toilets as in the plan, but the plan shows the twin cabin as having the beds side by side, yet the picture quite clearly shows the twins as an "L" layout. Come on Dan, you`re the one that`s been on ALL the Ricko boats and taken photo`s, so what is the correct layout?.

Well I think DRL have used the photos that Richardsons use, and on their site they use a picture of a caribbean (Hawaii) to illustrate the Bahama's. They are fairly similar but the window arrangement & a few other things are different, and a caribbean is slightly smaller. I think they have used these pictures as they reflect more closely the colour scheme DRL will run them in, but perhaps just using the one of the Bahama and ditching the one of Hawaii might have been a better bet (though the average customer would probably suffer no detrement in reality as they are very similar).

I think also they have used the interiors off Richardsons site but within each class Bahama's & Bahama Majors have differing layouts.... so if DRL have used the correct layout then the twin cabin photo is certainly not of the boat they will be running for the reasons you state.

So I think really the question is which boat are DRL having as Wild Time - realistically it could be a Bahama or it could be a Bahama Major. If the layout DRL show is correct it is Bahama Major 2 or Bahama 1.

Now, all of that made sense didn't it :?

Dan

I thought they were selling the Safari`s, or did they only have one?. Also, could the new one(s) be ex Topcraft?.

No, the Safari's are ex Richardsons Neil

The Safari they ran in 2009 & 2010 was ex Highcraft but they have been Safari-less during the 2011 season :o

Dan

My god that web site is better than their old one!

Anyone know what 'Flowing Time' is? Looks fairly well fitted out but there's no external pics?

It's a Horizon 42 old boy and was last seen looking very green in a big boatyard at Stalham

Dan

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

The last 'Overseer's became San Domingo's Neil... although very green this one wasn't ever ex Ferry

All the best

Dan

Hmmm, are you sure Mr H?, if so, where did she come from before going to Richardson`s?. I definately remember her in another fleet, as she`s the only example with the three en-suite (although one is shared) double cabins. I think all the others had the two central doubles and two seperate wc/shower comps aft, with the saloon aand galley gangway settee making up the other four berths. Out of all the Horizon 42`s, she`s the only one i would hire because of the three permanent doubles.

Hmmm, are you sure Mr H?, if so, where did she come from before going to Richardson`s?. I definately remember her in another fleet, as she`s the only example with the three en-suite (although one is shared) double cabins. I think all the others had the two central doubles and two seperate wc/shower comps aft, with the saloon aand galley gangway settee making up the other four berths. Out of all the Horizon 42`s, she`s the only one i would hire because of the three permanent doubles.

Yes indeedy Neil... I rarely make it all up you know! :ugeek:

I remember her with Crown Cruisers as Missouri, but Craig's database shows she was with Ripplecraft initially. http://www.horning.org.uk/boatsearch.ph ... RegNo=6071

Whoever came up with the layout was a bit ahead of their time and did a great job I think.... though the saloon is just a little smaller than is totally perfect for a six berth... but still not half bad.

I've never seen the other Missouri... so goodness knows where that ones disappeared too

Dan

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

My favourite boat at DRL is the recently added "Resful Time", as i like the 2 cabin layout, but i believe the fwd double is a bit on the small side, so that would have to be rectified by removing the single completely, and replacing it with a dressing table.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
I always wondered why Emerald Gem was the only Horizon 42 with that layout because it seems the best. I always thought the more common layout like Clear Horizon with the 2 washrooms right next to each other aft was very odd.

Completely agree on that Simon, as is the layout of only two fixed doubles in a 42ftr. Somebody somewhere must have been on the beer when they came up with that plan.