PACIFIC CRUISERS

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Ganging up on me now eh?, that`s just not fair, Karen and i still have a big mortgage (for another 9 1/2 years) as we only got together late in life, so have the expense that most people had 20 years or more ago. Hopefully in about 2 years, we`ll eventually have one. Just a shame the ones we`ve really liked have all been around this year, and sadly, will more than likely NOT be available when funds permit. Until then ....... STOP GANGING UP ON ME :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: .

Ah but when you took out the mortgage you were expecting to pay interest on it,,,,

So now you have nore disposable income...

Except of course that the 0.5% interst doesn't seem to apply to anyone except savers...

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We have just had a week out on Pacific Breeze and were very, very impressed with the latest addition to Pacific's fleet. An excellent replacement for Swift and remarkable value for money!

Breeze is in superb condition and, as with all of Pacific's boats, was beautifully presented and very well equipped. The interior differs slightly to Swift in that the forward cabin is partitioned off with a door from the main saloon/galley area. This door was the only real negative from our point of view - fine if you are using the berths as two singles, but adding the infill to make it into a double (as we do) meant that opening the door inwards to get into the cabin required a certain level of joint flexibility to squeeze your way around it. Richard did mention that the door had been removed by the previous owner and I can understand why. He also said that they were considering replacing it with a curtain. The phrase of the week did turn out to be "bloody door!" :naughty:

It was a personal thing though, and others may not find it an issue and it does make the boat much more practical for young families or groups of friends. Be aware that the dinette does make a rather small double. Door problems aside, Breeze was absolutely perfect for us as a couple. Beautifully fitted out with attractive wood laminate flooring, Breeze is fitted with a four burner hob along with the oven/grill and has a good sized electric fridge. I haven't got on with electric fridges on boats in the past as they always seemed to defrost and have been very noisy. No such issues on Breeze - whilst it does make a little noise it is certainly not obtrusive and worked perfectly all week. There is the usual 12 volt cigarette type socket to plug chargers etc. into, but Breeze is also fitted with a built in 600 watt inverter with two household sockets which is suitable for charging up mobile phones and laptops etc. Not to be used for hairdryers/ straighteners etc. of course! There is a new digital TV with a built in DVD player - we struggled with the DVD player as the picture kept freezing every few seconds so we gave up. Not really a concern as we tend not to watch TV whilst out on a boat anyway. Richard has installed LED conversions to all the lights throughout the boat so drain on the batteries with these is minimal and I was impressed by the light they gave off. The warm air heating was very efficient on the cooler evenings.

The galley was very well equipped - an area which Pacific seem to excel at! I usually take a pile of utensils and cooking equipment I think I might need but usually find it already onboard with Pacific .... they even have non-stick frying pans! It's attention to detail like this (and the friendly, personal service of course) which make Pacific our company of choice.

The Nanni engine was very quiet compared to the BMC fitted on Swift and proved to be very economical too. We tend to be economical boaters anyway, taking advantage of the tides and keeping the revs down and don't feel the need to rush round everywhere, but in our week out we covered the entire southern rivers - our GPS logged us as having cruised for a total of 23.25 hours, covering 104 miles at an average speed of 4.5 mph. We used the warm air heating for a total of around 7 hours over three evenings. We used 37ltrs of fuel at a cost of £50, so had the nice bonus of £45 returned from our fuel deposit at the end of the week.

The canopy over the cockpit seemed nicely balanced and was easily manageable by just one person where necessary. The upright supports for the canopy seem to be in a slightly different position to those on Swift and I must confess we found it rather difficult to get in and out through the side when moored side on - just something to be aware of for the less agile. We found it easier to exit and enter through the rear and step round the back corner onto the side decks to get on and off. This worked for us but may not be ideal for everyone.

All in all, Pacific Breeze was just a lovely boat and we'll certainly be hiring it again - stunning value for money!

post-500-136713923009_thumb.jpg

post-500-136713923339_thumb.jpg

Carol

Thanks for the detail Carol, useful stuff. I like the transparent sides to the canopy. I hired Crown Gem last year which was a pain in the rain with the canopy up because through the sides I couldn't see a darn thing. Do you have any interior pics?

It was impossible to get interior pics without a very wide angle lens! The photos on Pacific's website are very representative and the condition inside was lovely too.

I forgot to mention the other advantage that Breeze had over Swift ... the toilet! It is one of the foot pedal, flappy loos (if you know what I mean!), much easier to use than the hand pump variety on Swift.

Carol

:wave just had a look at the pacific cruisers link, they look very nice boats, pity it's at loddon, they did'nt look too expensive either, does anyone know what buses run through loddon ? & how many run through each hour ? lori :Stinky