Just Saying Hi

BroadsLady

Good Morning All

My name is Vivienne, I am a Lady in her early fifties, married with two grown Son's, my husband is disabled (an amputee) we've been boating on the Broads on and off for 20 years but due to my husbands disability are unable to use boats so have been staying in land based accomodation.

I have browsed this Forum for some time and only just plucked up the courage to join, bear with me whilst I find my feet Lol 

I'm loving the holiday tales section, wonderful photos and stories bringing back many memories of my own adventures on the rivers

Viv

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Broadslass said:

Thank you so much for the warm welcome

Viv

I seem to have messed up my account login, I am Viv (Broadslady) and not Broadslass, I'm hoping the Moderators will delete Broadslass. 

My son's will not let me live this one down :default_blush: :default_biggrin:

Thank you once again for the welcome and allowing me to join your Community

1 minute ago, grendel said:

Glad you have managed to get it sorted, if it's not already been done I can delete the spare account once I return home Saturday.

Thank you so much, if you could that would be lovely

You might not be too pleased to know it's probably the first of many errors on my part :default_biggrin:

On 17/08/2022 at 19:47, grendel said:

Glad you have managed to get it sorted, if it's not already been done I can delete the spare account once I return home Saturday.

On 17/08/2022 at 19:50, BroadsLady said:

Thank you so much, if you could that would be lovely

You might not be too pleased to know it's probably the first of many errors on my part :default_biggrin:

broadslass account now removed

• Thanks 1

Nowadays, with correctness, it's good to get these denominations sorted out before we start, so welcome, BroadsLady.

If this forum had existed in the 1940s and you called yourself a Norfolk broad, you would have attracted lot of attention from the Sgts' and officers' messes in the U.S. Airforce base at Rackheath!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

30 minutes ago, grendel said:

it used to be the river letter then number - eg water rail B77 was the Bure (1933)

I’m not too sure if the the Letter had anything to with the location/build of the boat maybe it reffed to an obscure/random river in the area? I thought it had more to do with a boat age. I was once told the letters in the early days signified boats built at either north or south yards, not sure about this either. The boats of the broads, Craig’s site had something on this?

🍻

I belive originally the letters were indeed to do with location but then became just an alpha numerical sequence. You can roughly tell the year of reg retrospectively but it wasn't specific like car reg numbers and they just used up the numbers rather than move on like they do with cars. Also you get odd ones totally out of sequence. 

The database does cover it also.

http://www.broads.org.uk/wiki2018/index.php?title=Registration_Number_History

• Like 1