Who has Google Desktop ? a Poll !

Brian

Have you Google Desktop or Google Task Bar installed  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

THis is a poll to see who has Google Desktop or Google task bar in Internet Explorer

I ask because i have just formatted a old laptop and re installed XP, opened up IE and oops i need Google.

I use google all the time to find files and email on the server, and to be honest i do not know what i would do with out it ?

Hi Brian,

I went online for the first time in 1995, and used Netscape from the word go, then Mozilla and now Firefox. I have never ever used I.E. (the Devil's creation). It is a magnet for hackers. I have lost count of the number of security holes that have been patched, even some of these patches have created security holes in themselves, 13 years later and it is still insecure, that speaks volumes.

Rgs. Dick

very well said Dick, very well said cheersbar

It always amazes me how people put their faith in a product to do the searching which in itself can be a security flaw, googles privacy policy is not that hot - but I appreciate each to their own.

Its harder to not have Google desk top than to have it! There are countless instalations and downloads that try and give you this on the sly!

Trevor

http://www.normanboats.co.uk

You are nor wrong Trevor. I have inadvertently "caught" Google desktop about 3 times to date whilst downloading other stuff, and have had to go through a time-consuming removal process each time. Now I always take the "custom install" option so that I can check exactly what is in the download.

Steve