Scullers On Northern Broads!

NeilB

I've just had 1 x 2 person and 2 x 4 person rowing boats pass my mooring near Stalham staithe heading down the Ant, might be a tad tight for width so be aware!  I've seen them around Norwich but not on the northern side before.

They all had dedicated helms and were taking it easy so shouldn't be any problems, apart from the surprise of meeting one on the Ant!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BrundallNavy said:

We just passed 2 x 4 person and 1,x 2 person sculls near Wayford bridge, they seemed to be Swedish talking so maybe on a rowing holiday. 

I never noticed the Swedish, but I work for Volvo so I'm used to it !

5 hours ago, BrundallNavy said:

We just passed 2 x 4 person and 1,x 2 person sculls near Wayford bridge, they seemed to be Swedish talking so maybe on a rowing holiday. 

We saw them yesterday. I thought  they were German. We were on the Ant heading back to Broadsedge. They were very well organised, Shouldn't be a problem. 

A quick trip "off piste" if I may, but when I was trucking, back in the 80s, I was once stuck for 36 hours in the port at Ramsgate (not the only time by far) on my way out to Germany, because some freight agent had spelt Cologne wrong on the customs "T" form. They had used the correct German spelling but French was  the official language of the then Common Market.

And we now think Brexit is difficult?  So far, I can't see much difference from the way it always used to be!