Hm Queen Elizabeth.

ExSurveyor

11 hours ago, kpnut said:

While watching on the small tv screen on the boat and therefore not seeing anything clearly, it was ‘just an occasion’ to me.
But now, seeing the photos on the bbc website of the total sadness on the faces of those in the Royal family it finally hit home.
And I’m glad it has. 

The dignity of our King and his Sister was truly a tear jerking moment .

The Prince of Wales and family were regal i

Even Andy and the lessor Royals played the part superbly including Harry . It was his beloved Granny after all.

Chware teg Harry

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, andyg said:

I've posted this on the wrong thread..please feel free to delete it. 

Don't think there's anyone around at the moment Andy - only about 4 of us logged on.  I think folks are having a lie in, after yesterday.

I watched the TV for 11 hours solid.  Couldn't take my eyes off it!

2 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Don't think there's anyone around at the moment Andy - only about 4 of us logged on.  I think folks are having a lie in, after yesterday.

I watched the TV for 11 hours solid.  Couldn't take my eyes off it!

Same here, infact I was quite warn out after watching it so had an early night.

• Like 1

It's was without doubt a fantastic show put on by our armed forces yesterday. Not forgetting the many thousands of support servicemen and women in the background that are never seen or receive praise. Every kind of trade you could imagine. Tele coms, catering staff, logistics support staff, veterinary teams even teams from armouries from across the land, etc etc the list goes on. We are no doubt the best in the world at putting on a state occasion like yesterday our capital city is steep in history and full of magnificent building to show off. Let's also not forget the many thousands of members of our emergency services that volunteered to do overtime this weekend to be part of the day st John's ambulance etc etc. A massive well done to TEAM UK. GSTK...

• Like 8

I was given this Monday morning as a thankyou gift.  Just the thing for giving our dearly departed Queen a toast, then another one to wish our new King good luck.

But then I got to thinking it would be kinda selfish having a couple of nips keeping it to mysen.  So it remained unopened until the weekend as I will be onboard with five ex D88 Comms ratings from 78 - 80 for a week.  I'll open it sometime then - Ideal

I very much enjoyed the whole coverage of HMQ state funeral day from start to finish.

Easily used up six months ration of man sized in one day :default_blush:

Griff

BA NBN 1201.JPG

• Like 5