The Sunken Boat On Haddiscoe New Cut Should Be Removed Tomorrow

29 minutes ago, Wussername said:

I agree FF. However, every place is a bad place to have an incident.

Evidently they have been coming to the broads for over twenty years.

Makes you think does it not, could have happened to anybody.

Totally agree.

I just thought that with the very strong currents in that area it could have hindered any attempt to assist which it looks like it did.

I was very lucky when I had to pull that boat out of the reeds a few days ago that the incident happened or near to slack water so I was able to position my bathtub in the correct attitude to pull them out without having to factor in the tide.

Had the tide been running although I am confident I could have done it. It would have been a lot more difficult.

I have no view of my Stbd quarter from my helm position so have to rely on directions from Mrs FF shouted from aft to fwd over the noise of an engine exhaust. Thankfully we have done this numerous times over our years on The Broads and she is very good at it .

Our tow out was accomplished in just a few minutes even after I mistakenly thought they were broken down so configured for an alongside tow that we then changed to a more straight forward stern to bow tow out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlyingFortress said:

May I politely suggest that you stop reading FB. 

I do not that is why I come here for anything Broads related.

FB is not NBN.

NBN is moderated and while I don't always agree with the Moderation on here at least there is SOME control.

FB is a platform I have never been on nor desire to read .

Facebook groups are moderated, some better than others.

I moderate three groups, one being the NBN fb group.

I am puzzled that you can judge something you have never used.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, ExSurveyor said:

Fair point Mr Surveyor.

I was under the impression, maybe wrongly now, that any reference to other Broads Fora would not be tolerated on here.

If it is now allowed I stand rightly chastised.

25 minutes ago, ExSurveyor said:

Perhaps FF has a member of his family who uses it and heard the feed back on how rubbish it is .. Because let’s face it.. It is 

I will use an example won’t go into to much boring details. Take my local village page the Moderators moderated it poorly.. advertising nothing in common. Posts removed if challenged people not properly vetted etc etc..

In the end another page was opened up and the page was moderated sensibly and correctly in a fashion.. 

5 minutes ago, FlyingFortress said:

I was under the impression, maybe wrongly now, that any reference to other Broads Fora would not be tolerated on here.

What reference to other fora ?, I have made no reference to any.

The longstanding agreement is between the two main forums and is to restrict copy and paste of posts between the two, its origins are lost in the mists of time but presumably to do with privacy and good manners.

13 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Perhaps FF has a member of his family who uses it and heard the feed back on how rubbish it is .. Because let’s face it.. It is 

I will use an example won’t go into to much boring details. Take my local village page the Moderators moderated it poorly.. advertising nothing in common. Posts removed if challenged people not properly vetted etc etc..

In the end another page was opened up and the page was moderated sensibly and correctly in a fashion.. 

I agree, there are a some dreadful groups on fb. 

Poor or non existent moderation will disappear along with the groups after the Online Harms bill is enacted. It will only take a few complaints for grouos and pages to be taken down by Facebook as they have ultimate responsibility to enforce the new standards.

Facebook is becoming just a mass of adverts with the occasional interesting group.

I have three groups that interest me and family members, the rest mostly get ignored.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ExSurveyor said:

What reference to other fora ?, I have made no reference to any.

The longstanding agreement is between the two main forums and is to restrict copy and paste of posts between the two, its origins are lost in the mists of time but presumably to do with privacy and good manners.

Ok maybe I am a numpty then.

FB groups are not Fora. 

Maybe I have been a member here too long as I do remember why this directive was brought in and it was nothing to do with privacy or good manners.

2 hours ago, FlyingFortress said:

May I politely suggest that you stop reading FB. 

I do not that is why I come here for anything Broads related.

FB is not NBN.

NBN is moderated and while I don't always agree with the Moderation on here at least there is SOME control.

FB is a platform I have never been on nor desire to read .

You can suggest and I will politely ignore your suggestion.  I’m old enough and sufficiently intelligent to read and inwardly digest what interests me and ignore what doesn’t.  I do the same on here, when some people ramble on about merchant shipping on a Broads Forum, which isn’t necessarily Broads related.

I’ll leave it there, before I get moderated.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

You can suggest and I will politely ignore your suggestion.  I’m old enough and sufficiently intelligent to read and inwardly digest what interests me and ignore what doesn’t.  I do the same on here, when some people ramble on about merchant shipping on a Broads Forum, which isn’t necessarily Broads related.

I’ll leave it there, before I get moderated.

Sorry to say Mouldy but Merchant shipping is related to the broads with the old coasters going down The Yare  to Norwich.. 

17 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Sorry to say Mouldy but Merchant shipping is related to the broads with the old coasters going down The Yare  to Norwich.. 

Not sure many merchant ships now use The Yare to Norwich, but referring to container ships at Felixstowe has nothing to do with The Broads whatsoever.  The person posting stated that he comes here for ‘anything Broads related’ yet posts about matters that aren’t.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Not sure many merchant ships now use The Yare to Norwich, but referring to container ships at Felixstowe has nothing to do with The Broads whatsoever.  The person posting stated that he comes here for ‘anything Broads related’ yet posts about matters that aren’t.

Well mouldy 90% of conversations get side tracked on here by non broads related chat and rambling on as you put it..  

I find Anything what floats on water I find interesting.  Doesn’t matter if it’s broads rivers canals lochs oceans.. if that person or persons are experienced in that field and know the knowledge of boats, merchant navy Royal Navy, ships or running yards or livaboards lifeboat’s RNLI ,harbour masters rangers, etc ,  

• Like 1