September Holiday

snunn

Silent Emblem

Following Gracie posting after an absence I thought I would too

Back on the broads but no longer a syndicate boat having decided it wasn’t for us for a number of reasons and sold our shares after last August trip, so back to hiring and again we are on Silent Emblem

Setting off from Horning Friday 2nd September

Had the most pleasant of trips these last 2 weeks weather very kind apart from an absolute soaking just before mooring at Womack the heavens opened and we were literally wet to the skin ,then the middle Friday it rained from 11 am until bed other than that pretty warm and sunny.

Some good food had special praise again for Bure Fish restaurant Horning visited twice it was super, curry delivery from Acle Spice also great , fur and feathers lunch quite good fish was beautiful but skinny chips not my favourite with fish and far far too many of them,Ferry Inn Horning Steak and Ale pie very good veg cooked beautiful I personally didn’t enjoy the mash but Mick did.

Cooked very little ate several salads as weather was nice and warm

Cruised most days early morning around 2 to 3 hours then settled on new mooring for a walk and the fishing and reading very relaxing

Went up the Ant no issue at Ludham bridge went down to Acle then up to Wroxham and Horning  Womack , Ranworth no issue twice there for a mooring, south Waltham and all in between we  just pootled about.

Boat performed beautifully no issues with bow thruster as before although it was mentioned on handover to it being temperamental !

Loved our 2 weeks afloat plus 4 nights in various hotels / B&Bs on our way up to and back to Cornwall

Next year we have booked with NBD as they are dog friendly all we need now it to be able to get her in the car xx

• Like 9
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, ZimbiIV said:

Gracie, 

That's because the system, like rest of us are  so happy you are back!

paul

Goodness me, thank you. Any praise you wish to rain on me could you save it for my thread and not this lovely ladies :default_biggrin: I'm just kidding again of course, about the praise not the thread