End Of Season Retirements

Dan

1 hour ago, wicketdevil22 said:

Can anyone tell me where the Richardsons boats are listed for sale online as all I can find is those from 2020. Many Thanks.

Try on here.  The ones they’re disposing of this year may not yet be listed.

https://www.boatshed.com/dosearch.php?bq={"category"%3A["75"]%2C"category_child"%3A["116"]%2C"boat_country"%3A["UK"]%2C"construction_hullcon"%3A["fulldis"]%2C"construction_type"%3A["grp"]}

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wicketdevil22 said:

Can anyone tell me where the Richardsons boats are listed for sale online as all I can find is those from 2020. Many Thanks.

They will list them on there boat sales website. Or give paul Richardsons a call his mobile phone number can be found on the boat sales Web site. 

• Like 1

Just had a quick look on the boat sales Web site. It has been updated a lot of boats that were listed have been removed. Its normally around this time of year they start adding boats they are selling off. Many don't hang around for long so if you do have a particular boat in mind. I'd call Paul his a very nice guy to deal with. You may even end up buying something you wasn't originally looking at. Like all yards they we sell you most boats in there fleets if the price is right. Good luck. 

• Like 1

On 26/09/2022 at 10:04, DAVIDH said:

Thanks for this Dan. Makes my database update a little easier. I've been through them on Hoseasons and all but San Diego and San Elena have been removed from sale (still available on Richardsons too). Perhaps these two boats are only "partial class" sales? 

Interesting time to remove these cheaper end of the market boats from your fleet at a time of an economic squeeze. It looks as though they are saying go big or don't go for 2023. 

Ah yeah, my bad, it does look like San Elena & (at least) one San Diego run on

This is good I think as it keeps some big budget boats in the fleet

Dan

• Like 2

Hi Jean, 

The Swan platinum boats date between 2000 and 2015. I would have thought personally the oldest platinum boats should be perhaps 2011 to include the Broadsman although the older members must be due a refurb or upgrade to retain that status unless they bring in lower levels such as gold or silver. Moon Adventure dates from 1998 so is really pushing it for Platinum status 

Neil 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, andyg said:

Not a boat, but herbert woods are withdrawing there largest hire cottage this winter. Marsh veiw situated on the yard is no longer available to hire. No idea if it's going up for sale or has been sold. 

Yes I had an email about this.    It is so sad because ok it needed a bit of updating, creaking floors and patio doors that would open when they wanted to.     An oil system that completely ran out and yes this was January.   This was a lovely holiday home and many many hours spent enjoying the fishing and also bottles of Champers.    A good parking bay, never bothered by anybody , suited us down to the ground.     Was thinking of booking again when the email arrived.

:default_crying1animated::default_crying1animated::default_sad::default_sad:

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Captain said:

Hi Jean, 

The Swan platinum boats date between 2000 and 2015. I would have thought personally the oldest platinum boats should be perhaps 2011 to include the Broadsman although the older members must be due a refurb or upgrade to retain that status unless they bring in lower levels such as gold or silver. Moon Adventure dates from 1998 so is really pushing it for Platinum status 

Neil 

I loved the broadsman there a great boat, but ours was definitely not a platinum boat, we had number 5 in the class and she definitely needs some tlc. The rear screen on the canopy needs at least repairing replacement would be better, the demist system for the front screen didn't work..upholstery faded and looked tatty. The flooring was bubbling up in the galley and rear loo seat had been broken and bodged up. All things you would not expect to find on a top of the range boat. 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Hylander said:

Yes I had an email about this.    It is so sad because ok it needed a bit of updating, creaking floors and patio doors that would open when they wanted to.     An oil system that completely ran out and yes this was January.   This was a lovely holiday home and many many hours spent enjoying the fishing and also bottles of Champers.    A good parking bay, never bothered by anybody , suited us down to the ground.     Was thinking of booking again when the email arrived.

:default_crying1animated::default_crying1animated::default_sad::default_sad:

I've often thought about hiring there cottage that's on the main river front. I think I would get bored though ive absolutelyno interest in fishing.They do look nice and seem very popular. 

2 hours ago, andyg said:

I've often thought about hiring there cottage that's on the main river front. I think I would get bored though ive absolutelyno interest in fishing.They do look nice and seem very popular. 

I can't help remembering one day when I was standing outside that cottage with Reggie Reeve, the manager of Woods, and Paul Greasely, the then owner.  Paul remarked to Reg that he had cut a whole row of trees down, when he thought they were only going to be trimmed.  Reg had one of the most well known senses of humour on the Broads and replied :

"Well now thass loik this hare.  Yew look at the nearme on that cottage an that say Marsh Voo.  So now, your' got a good voo over the marsh.  Now if yew'd a' wanted ter call it Willer Voo, oi wouldnt'er had ter cut the trees down."

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

I’ve seen that two cruisers from Herbert Woods fleet are now listed for sale on the Waterside Marine Sales website:

Hilight - a Sheerline 950 aft cockpit cruiser

Sparkling Light - a Sheerline 740naft cockpit cruiser

We have fond memories of Hilight, having hired her the year after being released into a hirefleet by Russell Marine of South Walsham, then called Muscadet.  K504 was her sister craft and we hired her too.  Absolutely beautiful when built, to a very high standard, she sadly doesn’t wear her years in a hirefleet well and would take an awful lot of investment to return her to pristine condition.

Hi,

I thought it wouldn't be long before Woods started selling a few boats as they have added the Soaring Light/s, Ruby Light 2 and Platinum light to the fleet in the last few months and they may add some more in the next year or two I suspect. 

Interesting that we are losing two more aft cockpit boats, I am assuming that they are less popular than the much older bathtubs in the fleet. From a personal point of view it is sad to see the reduction in choice of designs and classes, there are now just a handful of aft cockpit boats on the entire network with Richardsons selling the Broadland Saturn's leaving just San Luis and Pedro whilst Woods only have Crystal Light. Silverline have one, Ferry three and Pacific have one  that's about it for a design which used to account for a large chunk of the hire fleets. I forgot Martham have one and Eastwood Whelpton have one too.

Neil

I'm not sure which boat out of the two it is, but the aft cockpit canopy seems huge. Its very high. Must be awful to helm in strong winds being such a small boat. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple more of the little compact cruisers come along 😉 there incredibly popular. 

• Like 1

On 30/09/2022 at 06:25, Mouldy said:

I’ve seen that two cruisers from Herbert Woods fleet are now listed for sale on the Waterside Marine Sales website:

Hilight - a Sheerline 950 aft cockpit cruiser

Sparkling Light - a Sheerline 740naft cockpit cruiser

We have fond memories of Hilight, having hired her the year after being released into a hirefleet by Russell Marine of South Walsham, then called Muscadet.  K504 was her sister craft and we hired her too.  Absolutely beautiful when built, to a very high standard, she sadly doesn’t wear her years in a hirefleet well and would take an awful lot of investment to return her to pristine condition.

Another two ex Herbert Woods hirecraft have appeared on the Waterside Sales website:

Brilliant Light - an Alpha 35 CC

Crystal Light - an Alpha 29 Aft Cockpit Sports Cruiser

Interesting that three of the four are aft cockpit style boats.  As might be expected, they all appear to need a fair amount of cosmetic work to get them looking smart externally.  That said, they are offered at fair prices.

I think the correct expression may be Caveat Emptor.

• 4 weeks later...

Jamaica has been moored at Richardsons since this time last year with the other boats for sale but I haven't seen it advertised for sale until now. She has recently been out the water and had a repaint which is unusual for Richardsons when selling off their boats. Also advertised on Richardsons own site.

On 28/09/2022 at 14:04, Captain said:

Hi Jean, 

Neil 

We hired Swan Ranger a few years back and while it was a nice boat and easy to handle it was pushing it even back then to call it a Platinum Fleet boat.

The fit out and general condition of the boat was no better than that of Viscount which we had hired the year previous. Rather disappointing for the extra outlay.