End Of Season Retirements

Dan

55 minutes ago, garryn said:

Jamaica has been moored at Richardsons since this time last year with the other boats for sale but I haven't seen it advertised for sale until now. She has recently been out the water and had a repaint which is unusual for Richardsons when selling off their boats. Also advertised on Richardsons own site.

Yeah I thought she had. I spoke to Paul Richardson a while back about her as I was in the market for something along those lines.

I think they are realising that they have some decent boats that with a bit of TLC can achieve a lot more on resale.

Personally, I would prefer Jamaica in gel coat. She was a little faded in places but I'd take slightly scruffy gel coat over a painted superstructure any day.

• Like 5

Hey, Barnes Brinkcraft have boats available for next year for free! Well, no not really. This is what shows for both Royale and Topliner. I actually had Royale booked for next year until recently and when I phoned with a query on the booking I was told the boat had been sold. I was a little disappointed because I've always liked the look of Royale. Whether you'd hire these boats or not, they're both individual and stand out from the crowd so it's a shame to see them go.

I've now swapped my booking to Royal Velvet 2.

Screenshot_20221031_193801_Chrome.thumb.jpg.88bf31b501a111f3bf38f6174ea8973e.jpg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

Hey, Barnes Brinkcraft have boats available for next year for free! Well, no not really. This is what shows for both Royale and Topliner. I actually had Royale booked for next year until recently and when I phoned with a query on the booking I was told the boat had been sold. I was a little disappointed because I've always liked the look of Royale. Whether you'd hire these boats or not, they're both individual and stand out from the crowd so it's a shame to see them go.

I've now swapped my booking to Royal Velvet 2.

Screenshot_20221031_193801_Chrome.thumb.jpg.88bf31b501a111f3bf38f6174ea8973e.jpg

Hi Simon.  Have a look at the Norfolk Boat Sales website.  They have several ex fleet craft listed for sale, as they have had over the last three winters.  If they don’t sell, they’ll be put back into their fleet, which is why they’re probably still listed, but with no costs attached.

Looking at availability for next season on the waterways holidays website Barnes appear to have sold and it can change as boats can miraculously reappear such as the ex Alpha boats, the following:

Curlew

Royale

Topliner (all remaining)

Braemore 

And the strangest of all Serenade 8 one of the newest boats in the fleet, that may have gone earlier however not sure why perhaps less popular than expected and 8 is a big class. The second hand value may have been pretty good and would help pay for the new Preludes although Waterways website isn't full proof as it doesn't list Woods Ruby Light 2 and that has been on hire for a year.

New boats so far at Barnes are Prelude 2 and Encore 7

Neil 

On 01/11/2022 at 08:35, NeilB said:

Saw one of the Pearl Gems leaving Richardsons on the back of a truck yesterday, no idea where it was going to.

That's what it was! We were coming up on Monday and passed her leading a convoy going South around Thwaite. Heading for the Thames perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

Topliner is available for next season now on Barnes website so maybe the sale fell through on that one. Royale and Braemore are still showing a "£0.00" hire charge (ooh, if only).

Braemore has been sold and re-named Jaxiana. The new owners took possession last Thursday :default_smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Broads01 said:

Topliner is available for next season now on Barnes website so maybe the sale fell through on that one. Royale and Braemore are still showing a "£0.00" hire charge (ooh, if only).

Think you may be out of luck, Simon.  Topliner is still listed for sale.

1B3DBF31-86E8-42B1-B23F-561E382869EA.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mouldy said:

Think you may be out of luck, Simon.  Topliner is still listed for sale.

1B3DBF31-86E8-42B1-B23F-561E382869EA.jpeg

As I said before, I did have Royale booked and when it was sold I swapped to Velvet. I'm very happy with Velvet but even so if Royale had come back like Topliner has I might have been tempted to swap back.

• 2 weeks later...