Don't ever buy this boat

brandenjg

Hi everyone, not sure if this was the right place to post this.

I bought a Seahawk 200 from outdoorleisuredirect on ebay a few months ago for £38 as a cheap mess around boat. I had a few goes on the river in norwich but after 5 punctures i retired it. For some reason its now currently selling for £299.97. Yes thats a price increase of £261.97 for the exact same boat with exact same accessories.

I did contact the company to ask why they had jacked the price up but got no reply :/

Just wanted to warn anyone who was looking for an inflatable not to buy it. It was alright for £34 but don't be stung for £300

The link to the page is below... P.s Its still £38 on their offical website

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intex-Seahawk ... 2a0be73cbc

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Thanks for the warning Branden. To be honest, i would only buy a well recognised and if possible, magazine tested inflateable. There are so many around, and many of them are similar to the one you`ve kindly warned us about, so in my own opinion, i`d rather pay for a good used example rather than a "cheap" brand new one for little money. Having said that, they`re not little money anymore.

going back to the post, i have seen this on ebay before. Three possible reasons;

1, as has been mentioned its a mistake, but if the ad already existed and the price has been alterd then typo is doubtfull.

2, Sell a large quantity at a low price so that your ad shows you have sold many units (and feedback will mostly be good) then hike the price up, people looking are fooled by the fact that loads have been sold and buy one.

3, they have much less in stock than they say and the price hike is done so you dont sell many until more stock comes in, and if you do sell one at the high price then its a bonus.

going back to the post, i have seen this on ebay before. Three possible reasons;

1, as has been mentioned its a mistake, but if the ad already existed and the price has been alterd then typo is doubtfull.

2, Sell a large quantity at a low price so that your ad shows you have sold many units (and feedback will mostly be good) then hike the price up, people looking are fooled by the fact that loads have been sold and buy one.

3, they have much less in stock than they say and the price hike is done so you dont sell many until more stock comes in, and if you do sell one at the high price then its a bonus.

It makes you feel that you never want to buy anything again,might see them on Rogue Traders next,and the boats on sale at inflated prices (PUN)at Lathams

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 0588330172

The purchase history page for that item shows that the last six sold for £89.97 each,

the previous sixteen went for £37.97,

and the previous 18 went for £34.97.

So the £299.97 is either an amazingly careless re-pricing mistake or, more likely, an attempt to conn people.

When you look at the item revisions page at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0588330172

The buy it now price was last changed to £299 a month ago, so they've had plenty of time to spot their error. (bl**dy crooks) :mad:

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&_trksid=p4340.l2564&rt=nc&item=180588330172

The purchase history page for that item shows that the last six sold for £89.97 each,

the previous sixteen went for £37.97,

and the previous 18 went for £34.97.

So the £299.97 is either an amazingly careless re-pricing mistake or, more likely, an attempt to conn people.

When you look at the item revisions page at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0588330172

The buy it now price was last changed to £299 a month ago, so they've had plenty of time to spot their error. (bl**dy crooks) :mad:

I wouldnt use these selling tactics myself, but whos at fault, seller or buyer as the seller doesnt force the buyer to buy, ifi was to spend £300 i would definatly be comparing prices

I wouldn't use these selling tactics myself, but who's at fault, seller or buyer as the seller doesn't force the buyer to buy, if i was to spend £300 i would definitely be comparing prices

Well I lose all respect for any business that can increase its price by 400% on the off chance that a mug will come along without researching prices first.

just to add a little extra to the ebay buying of this boat.

check out the complerted listings

3rd august 2011 someone bought 40 of them at just over £89 each........ :o:shocked

:Stinky

Yes indeed, it gets even murkier the more you look.

That "buyer" appears to have not given or received any feedback for that sale (strange, for such an investment !).

Indeed, they still have 0 feedback as well.

Maybe they never really existed..... :roll: