Ludham Dog, Sunday night quiz & raffle draw

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I have had time to do any updates, but now the quieter winter season is upon us.....

We are re-instating the weekly Sunday quiz, commencing 8.30pm, but instead of me pulling my hair out trying to sort the questions out, we have Keith (used to do the Falgate's Wednesday night quizzes) organising and hosting the quiz. The entry fee is £1 per person, and all entry money will be given to a local charity each week. This week (our first one) the subs went to Ludham Surgery towards their equipment fund. Next week will see a different charity recieving funds.

Keith will also run a 'Play Your Cards Right' game, again, £1 per person entry, but this time the cash will go to the winner of the game-and very good fun it is too!

The big draw will be the weekly meat raffle. Tickets will be available all week from both the Dog Inn, right up to Sunday evening, prior to the draw, and Ludham Butchers. £1 each, of course!!

The prize(s) will be in the form of vouchers 'to the value of', to be used against goods available from Rodney (Ludham Butchers). You may pre-order, ie use as part-payment for your Christmas turkey etc, but the voucher must be collected from the Dog Inn, and presented to Rodney by the following Saturday. There is no cash value, or change given if not fully used.

The money collected from ticket sales will ALL go back into creating prize vouchers, from £10, £20 etc. This week there is one voucher, for £17.00 available.

I hope that I have explained this coherently. As it is a new idea there may be areas which need to be tightened up, but this is the way it will work for the time being, unless we run into problems, when it may have to change.

Any queries, I will be happy to try and answer.

Regards

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine

Sounds all good stuff. We went to the Falgate a couple of times when the quiz and card game were on and had a most enjoyable time. Should be even better at the Dog Inn! Also had the pleasure of sampling Rodney’s meat and very good it is too! Will you be doing the music nights too?

Hope it all goes really well and we should be making a small inroad into your bar stocks shortly……… ;)

cheersbarcheersbar

Hi Howard

Yes, we are having some music on over the winter, we have Chrissy Stone singing on Friday 23rd December, and Carol (Nichols) for our New Years Eve party. This is an optional fancy dress event with a buffet. The fancy dress theme, for those that wish to dress up, is the 'Rocky Horror Show' - so, basically, dress how you like!

Our NYE parties are always fun, all welcome, including children.