A Season in a Few Pictures!

With the season drawing to a close I thought it would be good to trawl through some of the photos that haven’t quite made it on to the forum and tell a little of the story behind them

The season for me started in May, although for others it was well underway. Upon arriving back in the UK I managed to do two things on the journey home – spend an hour on the phone with Luke, and go to the boat and start work on the antifouling! Did I mention that after being away for 6 months Annie had yet to see me!

Anyway, maintenance done, the first outing was to a wet and windy Broads meet, where despite the weather, spirits were high and Escape looked like a new penny!

1.jpg

As mentioned, others Salties and non-Salties alike, had nothing but smiles!

2.jpg

3.jpg

A few people thought that my side-burns looked rather too long and scruffy. Emergency re-shaping was called for – sadly neither side matched the other – a fact I forgot to check before getting strange looks for a few days afterwards!

4.jpg

Sadly for us, we decided that our holiday together would begin immediately after this meet and after a rather bumpy journey down to Shotley we suffered a few engine problems (a whole other story) and a car park outside the pub (thankfully) was to be Escape’s home for the next few weeks…and our holiday together and our funds were depleted!

5.jpg

Still after a few weeks we returned back to the Broads and by the end of July were ready to meet up with the rest of the Salties for the Summer Cruise..

6.jpg

Needless to say the pontoon party was swiftly underway as Ian and Heather can testify!

7.jpg

A few days later, we found ourselves on Stone Point, having a BBQ as the boats were tucked away in Titchmarsh Marina

8.jpg

Clandestine’s crew and ourselves decided that the weather was looking so good and so flat that from there we would drift the entire way to London!

9.jpg

24.jpg

Going up the Thames, its odd who you get overtaken by….

10.jpg

26.jpg

25.jpg

But the mayhem locking into St Kats turned a lovely cruise down into a totally frought journey…..

11.jpg

…and we all got shoved up into a distant corner!

12.jpg

Our journeys back all differed but we all ended up together at Haven again where we were greeted by Bear Grills and his brother.. Bear Grills!

13.jpg

The last day at Haven was spent watching the Lowestoft Air Show where, sadly the Red Arrows performed their last display with the 2011 team before the sad death of one of the Reds the following weekend in Bournemouth and the subsequent further death just a few weeks ago after a terrible accident. They certainly won’t be forgotten

27.jpg

With everyone going their separate ways a few of us journied up to Surlingham… Who is this following us through the ‘short cut’??

14.jpg

The end of August found us in the marina having an impromptu ‘cocktail party’ – I am still amazed that we managed to sink 12 bottles of spirits between 14 people and yet only got through one bottle of coke and lemonade!

15.jpg

The turn of Autumn and beginning of October bought the most amazing weather and all at Coldham Hall thanks to John’s organisation!

16.jpg

All the boats looked superb!

17.jpg

18.jpg

And the afternoon passed by in a blur………..

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

…………..Before we got onto the evening session!

22.jpg

And before the boat was emptied for the winter, there was of course a chance for one last blast over Breydon!

23.jpg

We are looking forward to both New Year and the 2012 season with the boat in tip top condition and ready to go!!

Gav

Had a few ones in Germany and I think I have recovered just from demob 1994. We will see hopefully next year what the Senior service can do to Pongos and civilians onboard!

Chin up mucker and hopefully next year......................

Regards

James and Jo'.

• 9 years later...