What's everyone booking in 2012 then?

Dan

Hi Everyone

With the new brochures out and the depressing winter without regular boating holidays well underway I thought it might be fun to see what everyone has got planned for their 2012 jaunts.

I have planned a bit of a sedan-fest (!) and am going on the Thames on one of Le Boats Aquafibre Charter 31s and think we will have a few days on one of Richardson's Westward 31s, where I shall hope to have my head stuck out the sunroof for a few days.

All the best

Dan

post-93-136713873371_thumb.jpg

post-93-136713873659_thumb.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going out for a week in April, back out on Fair Freedom again

(There are not that many boats that will sleep 8 in relative comfort, without forcing all the 6 singles into double berths,

and yet have a chance of getting through all the bridges)

post-609-136713873672_thumb.jpg

And of course the ship's dog makes 9 (and so many of the newer boats are "no pets")...

post-609-136713873681_thumb.jpg

the VIP's said they wanted this one for 2012 & booked the same day the boat was being handed back

671s_29716.jpg&ctext=%A9%20G.C.Slawson,%202011&maxsize=600&shape=1.345

Isn't that the one someone remodelled into a convertable using one of the Yarmouth bridges?

Still even if it is it will be even better by the time that Clive and the boys have sorted it.

Isn't that the one someone remodelled into a convertable using one of the Yarmouth bridges?

Still even if it is it will be even better by the time that Clive and the boys have sorted it.

yer i think the one that hit the bridge was challenger 2 or 3 we have hires 1 which is weekend start

Jonny

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

We have`nt got anything booked for May as yet, but it all depends on whether my bro and his partner come with us. If it`s going to be for four of us, we might be looking at Horizon crafts Aquafibre 38 Sunlit Horizon, if it`s still available?. However, if it`s only Karen and me, it`ll probably be Swallow again, or maybe the Jay from Maffett cruisers.

Not really finalised our plans yet, last summer we had three daughters Marry, and next summer we have got three new additions to the family, with grandchildren due to arrive between March and July, and our daughter Gina due to graduate from Law School Mid July also! :lol:

We are hoping to get away in the caravan and be Norfolk bound mid April, probably staying on the Broadlands CC site with a dayboat moored closeby, Likewise we would like to be back down on the Broads late August and over the bank holiday for a couple of weeks, again hiring a dayboat, or possibly us with the caravan, and our daughter and her husband on a hireboat, us meeting up with them by day to help them crew, as Tom is a pure novice when it comes to boats! :naughty:

Mid June we are off cruising the Fjords again, and salt side around the North cape, enjoying the midnight sun, and out on smaller craft Whale watching for a couple of days when we reach the top of Finmark :)

Hopefully we will be able to pull in about 8 weeks in total away visiting different waterways around Britain whilst staying in the caravan during the summer season, but during the winter months we will be busy decorating and doing some refurbishment work around our home, we have just completed a couple of bedrooms and the dining room, and will start on the lounge after Christmas by raiding the January sales for some new furniture, and getting the decorating tackle out once more to keep Bill occupied! :grin:

Julz :wave

Jonny

How many Harriers can you get on Challengers flight deck??

James,

You are still thinking "Grey Funnel LIne",

the purpose of that deck is to let him land his chopper.

(Unfortunately he has to take off and land back on every time she goes through a bridge though!)

:naughty::naughty::naughty:

oops, I seem to have edited the quote :oops:

As for the boating question,

I have Broadsman 1 until Easter then I would like to think Broadsventure will be ready for a summer of fun :dance

I have a :Sailing and hope to have a go at racing and getting in the way with the help of someone who knows how to sail :pirate

Oooh, what you got?

Sailing is really easy, it's just the stopping that can be a little tricky at times. :)

I bought a YBOD/ white boat, as I thought it was a rule that yard owners have at least one :lol:

Getting moving is the hard bit, I find stopping easy as you just aim at something solid :grin:

Feel lucky to have 2 trips planned. Firstly 4 nights at Easter on Real Freedom (well done to Freedom for being one of only two of the main operators that let you have 4 nights including a weekend, the other being Le Boat). Then in August I'm on Richardsons' Jamaica for a week. Bring it on!

I bought a YBOD/ white boat, as I thought it was a rule that yard owners have at least one :lol:

Getting moving is the hard bit, I find stopping easy as you just aim at something solid :grin:

They're nice boats, and they don't half go fast. Is she GRP or wood?

I hired one from Martham back in 2004 with the somewhat naive idea of teaching my other half to sail. I hadn't quite realised exactly how well they go, so after a couple of 'incidents' we spent the rest of our two days pottering around with three reefs in the main and no jib. (My other half doesn't like tippy boats very much.)

If you're ever short of a crew, then let me know (although I'm already booked for this year's 3RR, I'm entering Liberty Song with a couple of mates far fitter than I am to do all the hard work paddling under bridges).