Flood warning issued for tonight 27-11-11

quo vadis

I have just heard from my son who is at the bridge in Lowestoft. The water is now level with the road and about to come over. He has been told that it will continue to rise for another 5 hours. :o

blimey that dont sound good ... i wish there was a webcam at OBYS

Jonny

URGENT WARNING EXTENDED TO SUFFOLK IN THE LAST 30 Mins

Home owners in the areas of Felixstowe, Bawdsey, Blythborough and surrounding marshland areas of Iken and the A12 told to expect imminent flooding as heights IN EXCESS of those expected earlier have reached the East Anglian coast. Surge heights in excess of 1.0m OVER the predicted high water (previously 0.85m) are expected imminently and home owners are being urged to move valuables upstairs and block up air bricks. This news has just been on TV and yet the EA website is still showing its standard warnings!!

Harwich high water guage http://www.pol.ac.uk/ntslf/sadata_tgi_ntslf_v2.php?code=Harwich&span=1

Along with the 12 outstanding flood warnings, a further for isolated properties on the Deben was issued at 22.25hrs GMT

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/ho ... an&from=fl

Hi All

we moored outside The Bridge at Acle last night, and were blissfully unaware of how high the tide had been

until we headed back to Womack 10am this morning and had to report to BA that we had seen a boat half on the quay heading, 100m past the shop,that

looked as if it could capsize as the water levels dropped. They were sending someone out to check on it. We both had a lovely nights sleep, being Mrs paranoid I would have been up worrying all night if I'd known!

Jax :o

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Some very interresting pictures there, especially the ones of Loddon. The Chet is ALWAYS navigable by boats speciffically designed for the broads, even at LOW tides. Those pictures are just ANOTHER example of the results of the BA NOT carrying out their LEGAL RESPONSIBILITIES by dredging the rivers to enable passage at ALL TIMES. Still, it`s comforting to know that funds can always be found for POLITICAL purposes, rather than essential ones, not to mention the GLOBAL CONFERENCES that the hierachy seem to enjoy participating in. Sorry, is that me being just a tad synical again?.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Looking at that, it`s no wonder why people sometimes drive into rivers. With conditions like that, people just should`nt drive if they can`t see the course of the road.