Neatishead Staithe Moorings Temporary Closed.

Dear all,

Due to a dangerous tree adjacent to Neatishead Staithe, which has been assessed as a safety risk to persons and vessels using the site, we have taken the decision to temporarily close the mooring.

Emergency tree works to rectify the issue have been planned for 12 November 2022, after which the mooring will be opened again.

Signage and fencing is in place to prevent access to the staithe whilst these works are taking place. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best,

Tom

Tom Waterfall

Senior Communications Officer

Broads Authority 

Yare House, 62-64 Thorpe Road, Norwich NR1 1RY

Please note that my normal working hours are 8.00am – 4.45pm Monday to Friday, with alternate Mondays as non-working days.

If I am out of the office I will deal with your email on my return, alternatively please contact another member of the Communications team.

And probably permission from the EA!!  Anyone know a tree surgeon who likes working over water - my guess is they are few and far between and if they need one of their own workboats, it doesn't magic itself up to Neatishead, it has to be moved from where it is working now!