Useful Cleaning Tips

jezhickling

Hi All, having now got Nipper safely into the winter shed at Martham Boats, I'm now beginning to prepare her for the few months ahead. So far I have removed all soft furnishings and storing at home, lifted removable floors to ensure adequate ventilation. Today I vacuumed the bilge with a wet vac to remove all remaining water and vacuumed t any standing water in the hot and cold water pipes.

I have brought home the fenders removed the ropes ready to go in the washing machine as advised, my question is do any of you have any good tips on what to clean the fenders with. Soapy water hasn't really worked and  before I damage them using something abrasive thought I would ask to see what you use.

Many thanks for any advise

Jez

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jezhickling said:

I have brought home the fenders removed the ropes ready to go in the washing machine as advised, my question is do any of you have any good tips on what to clean the fenders with. Soapy water hasn't really worked and  before I damage them using something abrasive thought I would ask to see what you use.

I’m not sure that fenders can be easily restored if they’ve become scuffed and scratched, especially if they’re white.  You could probably try something like Cif, applied with a sponge.  It depends how bad they are.

Our fenders are navy, so don’t show the marks so readily.  I give them an occasional application of Autogym Vinyl and Rubber Care, which gives them a nice sheen and restores their ‘like new’ appearance.

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/interior-cleaning/autoglym-vinyl-and-rubber-care-500ml-121657.html

• Like 1

I instinctively knew that I would loathe pressing trousers. When I was first married my husband asked me to press his trousers. I innocently enquired whether I shoud turn them inside out first. The look of horror on his face was enough to assure me that he would never ask me to do that again!

Carole

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 13/11/2022 at 17:12, Lulu said:

So lovely to know Nipper is in good hands.  

I was only saying yesterday I need to clean our fenders but I think they are too engrained with green patina to recover so will also be interested in any advice

We will do what we can to give her a good home. 

• Like 3