East Hills Cafe/bar/restaurant

It does look rather pricey. Almost £6 for a bowl of porridge! I can understand the full-english being pricey though if it's made from farm shop ingredients, and it's not that much more than full-english's in cafes in farm shops (I looked at La Hogue on the A11 and Vera's Coffee Shop near Weyford Bridge).

• Like 1

On 15/11/2022 at 21:31, Ray said:

I didn't know about this place and don't recall seeing it mentioned on here. 

Has anyone had the pleasure of dining or drinking here? 

I've mentioned it previously, but it was a long time ago and it has been removed for me being useful :default_biggrin: 

It has however changed quite a bit since then but if you dont mind overpaying a bit it isn't the worst place to visit, there are better places of course

£13 for a full english, £3 for a latte, can't comment on the food as I don't partake in that

It is dog friendly however, and they do a doggy dinner on sundays

• Thanks 1

TBH their lunch prices are more than competitive compared to some other riverside hostelries , and I would presume of a higher standard if they’re using local farm produce .

The majority of Northern riverside pubs charge £15 near as dammit for an overcooked burger with frozen chips so local ham egg and chips for less than that seems reasonable to me .

• Like 3