Silverline Announcement

Davydine

Hi All,

Mods, please feel free to delete if this post is not allowed…

I have just seen an announcement on the Silverline FB page that they have secured an order to build boats for Richardsons and that their entire hire fleet will be transferred to Stalham.

It's exciting to see some new boats in the Richardsons fleet but sad to be losing another hire base from the southern rivers.

David

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

As the boats have been transferred to Stalham , I would presume that any existing bookings will also be transferred dependant on the customer wishing it to be so 

I know that some folk love Richardson’s and are loyal to them, much as some folk are loyal to other yards, but the boats will never be presented in the same way as they were at Silverline and the service will never be as personal.  There were always a few yards where the boats looked as good at the end of the season as at the beginning and most of them are now gone sadly.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ExSurveyor said:

As usual, the true facts are different from the speculation, that is why it is better to wait for an official announcement from the business than allow speculation that could cause damage.

I think my deleted post last week told it exactly as it was.

• Like 5

** in my opinion **  Silverline was run like a military establishment.    You were given instructions as to what time to arrive and if you arrived before that time it was noted.      Yes they maintained their boats wonderfully well but the rigid instructions on arriving back and when you would have your refund etc put some people off.     The only problem with Stalham is the River Ant and that long drag down to get wherever you are going was off putting.      The fact that Silverline was on the Southern Broads was such a blessing.      Now we are left with Brooms and Pacific Cruisers.    I know where my vote will go.    If you want a personal service Pacific Cruisers are really good.

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, garryn said:

Richardsons have sold a fair few boats in the last couple of years so there is plenty of room for them.

I noticed they had left a large section of quay heading empty last week, may be able to get a group shot although my boat is offsite at the moment.

1 hour ago, garryn said:

I think my deleted post last week told it exactly as it was.

Maybe but we contacted silver line and they asked that speculation  be held back until they made an official announcement .

They obviously had a business reason for the request. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NeilB said:

I noticed they had left a large section of quay heading empty last week, may be able to get a group shot although my boat is offsite at the moment.

The boats left Brundall today heading for Acle tonight and completing the journey to Stalham on Monday.

1 hour ago, Hylander said:

** in my opinion **  Silverline was run like a military establishment.    You were given instructions as to what time to arrive and if you arrived before that time it was noted.      Yes they maintained their boats wonderfully well but the rigid instructions on arriving back and when you would have your refund etc put some people off.     The only problem with Stalham is the River Ant and that long drag down to get wherever you are going was off putting.      The fact that Silverline was on the Southern Broads was such a blessing.      Now we are left with Brooms and Pacific Cruisers.    I know where my vote will go.    If you want a personal service Pacific Cruisers are really good.

Fuel refunds were in cash at Silverline

I suppose the only good thing to come from this is there may be another facility for Diesel and Pump Out in the area as an alternative to the other one.

There does seem to be a bit of a shortage in that section of The Yare.

Silverline were not available for this last season when we called them to enquire.

Does anyone know if this will be the case or not?