Broads Plan 2022 - 2027

Bytheriver

Thank you for posting that, and I have just waded my way through it, although my eyes did start to glaze over from about page 22 onwards.

I must say it is nice that it is written in relatively plain English, rather than the Americanised executive eco-babble that one has come to expect from such reports!

All the same, I am left with the impression that it doesn't actually say anything.  It is much more about all the "partners" that they have been "working with" and the various research that they will put in place, rather than what they are actually going to do with all this information once they have assembled it.

They recognise the importance, for instance, of changes in sea level as they affect flood prevention but don't say what they intend to do about it.  I can't actually disagree with anything they say but I am left with no encouragement for the future.

I notice they mention their intentions to be "carbon neutral" but again, they don't say how they intend to achieve this, nor indeed, how they expect us stakeholders to achieve it!

• Like 3

I have no idea what carbon neutrality is supposed to be, so I Googled it, and came up with the European Parliament website, where they quote article 4 of the Paris Agreement, as follows :

In order to achieve the long term temperature goal . . .  parties aim to reach global peaking of greenhouse gas emissions as soon as possible . . . and to undertake rapid reductions thereafter in accordance with the best available science so as to achieve a balance between anthropogenic emissions  by sources and removals by sinks of greenhouse gases in the second half of this century.

So I am sure we all feel better for that!  All the BA have to do, is to try and apply that official principle to their rangers' launches.

I think this would all translate into Norfolk dialect as "a load of old squit".

• Like 6

This is not of course the first edition of a "Broads Plan" I have a printed copy of the 1987 version + the last one issued 3-4 years ago It could still be on- line. They set the scene for (hopefully) future progress for everyone to see? They also form a basis for acquiring funding - Organisations like BA (other members of the National Park Family ) are required to demonstrate to DEFRA and other governmental departments that an regularly updated document is in place..