Disposable Meat Foil Trays

Andrewcook

11 hours ago, Meantime said:

Hold on, I thought that was the whole point of kids!!! You bribe them with a little pocket money and they do all the household menial chores such as washing up, whilst the parents relax with a glass of wine. :facepalm:Doh! I wasn't going to mention wine again for at least a day. Now look what you've made me do. :default_icon_redface:

No MT, the whole point of having kids is to love them, nurture them and help them to become the very best they can be.

Failing that, they are good for all menial chores for which they get paid very little pocket money to teach them the value of hard earned cash. That's when one sits back with a glass of wine content in the knowledge you have done your very best to tire them out in order for a good nights sleep :default_norty: 

Another thread turned into utter chaos, absolutely loving it :default_biggrin: x

• Haha 4

Going back to dishwashers,  I have a Miele and this has a tray at the top.    It slides over to one side to allow for tall stemmed glasses to be stacked on the top basket shelf.   So no problem with the cutlery.  However, the burning question of the day is - who empties the darn thing.   Ok stacking it but emptying it and putting it all away , it is another ball game.:default_norty:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ray said:

Alas I can answer your question Dave, for it is I. Like all husbands I am like Cinderella and empty the thing while the kettle boils for the lady of the house' tea in bed!

But one day I shall go to the ball... 😂😂😂

I thought that was written in the marriage ceremony.     "Thou shalt empty the dishwasher every morning and make your good lady a cup of tea".

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hylander said:

Going back to dishwashers,  I have a Miele

Strange name for a child, :default_icon_e_surprised: bet they had a fun time at school! :default_coat:

Ok stacking it but emptying it and putting it all away , it is another ball game.:default_norty:

I'm surprised you have any crockery left if you're playing ball games with it. We were always taught never to play with balls indoors :default_eusa_naughty:

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Hylander said:

I thought that was written in the marriage ceremony.     "Thou shalt empty the dishwasher every morning and make your good lady a cup of tea".

When I got married you was lucky to have a twin tub washing machine, sheets etc got washed in the bath, oh and I am still using the Pyrex dishes we had as wedding presents. 

Fred

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gracie said:

Failing that, they are good for all menial chores for which they get paid very little pocket money to teach them the value of hard earned cash. That's when one sits back with a glass of wine content in the knowledge you have done your very best to tire them out in order for a good nights sleep :default_norty: 

Another thread turned into utter chaos, absolutely loving it :default_biggrin: x

And another thread that turned Gracie to a glass of wine :409_wine_glass: :default_hiding:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, rightsaidfred said:

When I got married you was lucky to have a twin tub washing machine, 

Fred

I remember our old twin tub well , and having to go into the kitchen every five minutes to drag it back into position before it vibrated itself away from the sink to such a degree that the hose came out of the sink flooding the kitchen floor with soapy water 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Meantime said:

Strange name for a child, :default_icon_e_surprised: bet they had a fun time at school! :default_coat:

I'm surprised you have any crockery left if you're playing ball games with it. We were always taught never to play with balls indoors :default_eusa_naughty:

Well as they say "what goes on behind closed doors - stays behind closed doors"      I am sure our neighbours think we are Greek!!!

Probably completely wrong but I pronounce Miele Meelay.    Some people say Meeler.   Bit like Porche being pronounced Porsh or Porsher. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

I remember our old twin tub well , and having to go into the kitchen every five minutes to drag it back into position before it vibrated itself away from the sink to such a degree that the hose came out of the sink flooding the kitchen floor with soapy water 

What is it about people and twin tubs and spin driers,   when my old Mum in law passed we had to clear her loft,  It was like a spin drier and twin tub museum.      Hubby's Dad always put them in the loft when they conked out because they might come in handy one day.  What the devil for I cannot think.

How did we get from Disposable Meat Foil Trays to spin driers.     I do think we ought to get out more.

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, Bikertov said:

And another thread that turned Gracie to a glass of wine :409_wine_glass: :default_hiding:

I’m not entirely sure that’s correct.  I have heard that some folk’s bodies are unable to produce sufficient alcohol naturally, so have to top it up daily to maintain the necessary level, a bit like taking vitamin supplements.

Could that be true? :default_rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

What is it about people and twin tubs and spin driers,   when my old Mum in law passed we had to clear her loft,  It was like a spin drier and twin tub museum.      Hubby's Dad always put them in the loft when they conked out because they might come in handy one day.  What the devil for I cannot think.

How did we get from Disposable Meat Foil Trays to spin driers.     I do think we ought to get out more.

That's done it !! now we are well and truly mangled.

Fred

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I do like these threads that completely go off the rails in a happy way during the winter months. It helps to keep us all sane (though you wouldn't think it sometimes by the content). Better than those threads that used to surface this time of the year to just bash something (usually the BA). 

:default_coat:

• Like 5
  • Love 2

31 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

I do like these threads that completely go off the rails in a happy way during the winter months. It helps to keep us all sane (though you wouldn't think it sometimes by the content). Better than those threads that used to surface this time of the year to just bash something (usually the BA). 

:default_coat:

Into every life a little sunshine flows, I think that's how it goes and looking at today was never more needed.

Fred

• Like 3
  • Love 1