River Ice - Dec 2022 Into Early 2023

BroadAmbition

7 hours ago, Andrewcook said:

As we will be coming into February the long-range weather forecast predicted for the beginning doesn't look very good at all with more Colder conditions Brrr with Snow to top it all off let us hope it will be the last of the very last Cold snap this Year.

Andrew.  A friend of ours moved to a village near the banks of Loch Ness, about 15 miles from Inverness.  He sent me these pictures on Thursday, when it was snowing.  Don’t worry about the 5mm of snow you might get, just be grateful that you won’t be dealing with this!

8CF6A600-6280-400F-8CB9-29E84B281D93.jpeg

8FD82866-6E42-419B-9801-2DF43CAB9CC6.jpeg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Andrew.  A friend of ours moved to a village near the banks of Loch Ness, about 15 miles from Inverness.  He sent me these pictures on Thursday, when it was snowing.  Don’t worry about the 5mm of snow you might get, just be grateful that you won’t be dealing with this!

8CF6A600-6280-400F-8CB9-29E84B281D93.jpeg

8FD82866-6E42-419B-9801-2DF43CAB9CC6.jpeg

Up here in Bonnie (cold) Scotland , we do have a chuckle , when the national news ( basically London local 😄) have headline news when down South get a dusting of snow , while up here , a foot of the stuff isn't worth a mention 😂😂

On the same kind of subject , I notice that Andy Murray is Scottish again today, for the last week he has been British 😋🤗

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

That's ages away! In the meantime, a good week (preferably 2) of freeze might go some way to thinning the weed on Hickling so that navigation outside the channel is possible this year!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Require Odin / Poseidon and Neptune to do their stuff and get the rivers warmed up prior to 09th March please

Griff

....or even earlier! We are back in just over a fortnight. Confident it will be warmer then. 

It had better be or the pub takings will be down a bit.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well, after a lot of rain last night, the ice APPEARS to have gone. Richardson's have been moving boats around and I haven't heard any alarming noises or seen any avoiding navigation from them.

I can't believe ALL the ice has gone but I can see none. It is much warmer out, tempting me out from under the duvet before 10:00 am!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

On 24/01/2023 at 17:24, NorfolkNog said:

....or even earlier! We are back in just over a fortnight. Confident it will be warmer then. 

It had better be or the pub takings will be down a bit.   

Looks good for you Nags The Dray wagons will get through. :default_biggrin:

Have a great holiday. 

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge