Potter Bridge Closed To Road Traffic

Meantime

The bridge has been closed after a hole appeared in the road. You never know they might deem it beyond economical repair and remove it!!!!

It is likely to be closed until Jan 12th.

https://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk/news/23210825.potter-heigham-old-bridge-closes-hole-appears-road/?fbclid=IwAR2pNHlplJnLUc17ZEhfzvecm14g7SOXoszm_JB-vLm33dygSES8vciBjiM

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Andrewcook said:

Well if any Boat turns up to Potter Heigham they will have to park on the Herbert Wood side to get to Lanthams Stores as they  havevClosed for Road Traffic but for Pedestrians also blimey what a Division that is for both 

Getting to Lathams would be the least of my concerns, but The Falgate and Broadshaven would be cause for concern. :default_beerchug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It doesn't get any better does it?:

"The hole, initially the size of a 10ft boot, has got bigger over the last few days according to Mr Rice and it is big enough for someone to fall in. "

OK, it was me who suggested Leprechauns so I'd like to change my story; it is panto season after all. I think you will probably hear, " Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum....! bellowing around PH.

Although looking at the pic, the hole would struggle to swallow the traffic cone nearby. EDP, close to the truth but never quite making it.

• Like 1

simple and swift remedy. !!

Get the army in to construct a Bailey bridge over the existing one.

Gives the Royal Engineers something to do and solves the problem all in about 24 hours 

Surely it could be arranged for a member of the "National Parks" group.

(Tongue is now stuck firmly in cheek)

Jeff 

• Haha 2

It's a family tradition to visit Potter and Lathams for it's famous tat. It's great to stock up on bits for the boat and not have to go to a huge Supermarket that's unfamiliar to the ones you use at home regularly, making you spend ages looking for items and you can bet your bottom dollar the thing you want is right at the far end of the shop on the ruddy back wall :facepalm:

I am a Lathams fan and proud :default_biggrin: x

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Gracie said:

I am a Lathams fan and proud :default_biggrin: x

I’m also a Lathams fan.  I went into our local equivalent QD store on Christmas Eve and found a pink unicorn fleece blanket. No, it wasn’t on my list. I wasn’t looking for a pink unicorn fleece blanket but I saw it and just had to purchase for my 3 1/2 year old granddaughter who absolutely loved it on Christmas Day. 😁

• Like 3
  • Love 3

On 28/12/2022 at 13:00, JawsOrca said:

I've never understood why that's open to road traffic, certainly when it's sinking and In most national parks that would just be a pedestrian only bridge :default_gbxhmm:

Given that it's obviously sinking, the only sensible course of action would be to underpin it and restore back to 1970's levels of clearance under it?

Right? :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Pump the hole full of expanding foam, that should help raise it.

My local authority patially filled a disused pedestrian subway near the river with expanding foam, then capped the entrances with concrete. Six months later when the tide was high, up popped all the 18" concrete slabs 4' in the air. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, oldgregg said:

Given that it's obviously sinking, the only sensible course of action would be to underpin it and restore back to 1970's levels of clearance under it?

Right? :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I dunno I feel it's probably better use of tax payers money to put a dam each side of it therefore it can't sink any further..

• Haha 1