Ok,i’ll Admit To Being A Bit Jealous.

Reading some of the posts from Norfolk,I see some of you are outnabout.:default_biggrin:

even if my boat was in the water,I’d be going nowhere .:default_sad:

upstream,there’s no way I’d get under st ives bridge,

downstream,well the photos say it all,

on the left side of the lock entrance,those guard rails are normally above the cabin roof.

and the black and white pilings for the pontoon have about 10 ft above the water.

up stream lock gates are chained and padlocked fully open

67ABAC46-A21C-4719-9B5A-D29BD7B3EDCC.jpeg

20F4A161-E581-4B3F-9015-A28AE25A21DD.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

We are desperately watching river levels on the Ouse at York and hoping for dryer weather for the rest of this month.

We have a long weekend booked for my birthday at the Rowntree Park campsite right in the city centre but if river levels don't drop the site will be closed.

Current river level:

Screenshot_20230108_075815_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4947a11f381ac2002cb5c37891424efe.jpg

Didn't expect to be watching river levels with the motorhome. Had enough of that with the boat!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

The flood level marks in the kings arms at kings staithe are interesting while you are in york, assuming the pub is still open.

Yes have seen them before.

Sadly Sam Smiths pubs are no longer dog friendly so we won't be going in this time!

The very same bridge with my old plague ship (the RLM31) moored in front of it back in 2009, the flood level marks are up near the open windows on the pub (kings arms not slug & lettuce) so quite a height, that was a cracking trip out as we started in St.Neots and went via wells and hull and came back via torksey and lincoln, we made it as far as boroughbridge, the goal was rippon but the water levels were rising and the final section had a least one low bridge so we turned around and headed back downstream, 2 weeks in total for the trip.

SS851592.JPG

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Cal said:

We are desperately watching river levels on the Ouse at York and hoping for dryer weather for the rest of this month.

We have a long weekend booked for my birthday at the Rowntree Park campsite right in the city centre but if river levels don't drop the site will be closed.

Current river level:

Screenshot_20230108_075815_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4947a11f381ac2002cb5c37891424efe.jpg

Didn't expect to be watching river levels with the motorhome. Had enough of that with the boat!

I can recommend this place: https://www.yorkcaravanpark.com/adult-camping-and-campsite-facilities-york/

Best toilets/shower rooms we've ever seen on a campsite and a bus stop right outside.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

The very same bridge with my old plague ship (the RLM31) moored in front of it back in 2009, the flood level marks are up near the open windows on the pub (kings arms not slug & lettuce) so quite a height, that was a cracking trip out as we started in St.Neots and went via wells and hull and came back via torksey and lincoln, we made it as far as boroughbridge, the goal was rippon but the water levels were rising and the final section had a least one low bridge so we turned around and headed back downstream, 2 weeks in total for the trip.

SS851592.JPG

That was some trip.

We did make it to Ripon with Naughty-Cal. But we smashed a second set of props in that week in the process :default_blink:

First set we're smashed in on the tidal Ouse when we picked up a tree which sheared 4 of the 7 blades off!

Phil at Linton Lock Marina saved the day and found and fitted us a set of props for dirt cheap. 

Must go there with the van when we get a chance and say hi. 

1 hour ago, floydraser said:

I can recommend this place: https://www.yorkcaravanpark.com/adult-camping-and-campsite-facilities-york/

Best toilets/shower rooms we've ever seen on a campsite and a bus stop right outside.

Thanks. Think plan B is going to be a trip to the coast if we can't get in at Rowntree Park. 

Maybe Scarborough or Staithes.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just to follow on the flooding theme for this year we are now desperately watching water levels on the Avon and Severn instead.

We are supposed to be in Tewksbury for a few days with the van from Friday and they suffered flooding there over the weekend :default_rolleyes:

Watch out Norfolk and Suffolk it is your turn in July :default_laugh:

• Sad 2