Hi All. πŸ‘‹

AdamB

Hi everyone. Joined last week I think but only just getting round to writing something on here.Β 

I do have a question..Β  is there anyone on here with fake teak deck covering?Β 

Looking for some advice etc. But I have dogs so the cheaper foam style covering I'm guessing will just get chewed up.Β 

Any help would be grateful.Β 

Adam.

• Like 1

In that case then Dek-King (From Wilks) is the way to go.Β 

I Installed it in our well deck a long number of years ago, then followed it up with doing the side decks.Β  It is non slip, our current dog and predeceasing dogs love it as they can pad around without slipping.Β  Their claws have never damaged it either, mind you it can be easily repaired, not that I have had to do so

I can thoroughly recommend it for durability and ease of cleaning

I suggest you pop onto Wilks website to have a look-see.Β  We do have some of the bevelled edge and jointed strips left over and some adhesives if you need them

Griff

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

In that case then Dek-King (From Wilks) is the way to go.Β 

I Installed it in our well deck a long number of years ago, then followed it up with doing the side decks.Β  It is non slip, our current dog and predeceasing dogs love it as they can pad around without slipping.Β  Their claws have never damaged it either, mind you it can be easily repaired, not that I have had to do so

I can thoroughly recommend it for durability and ease of cleaning

I suggest you pop onto Wilks website to have a look-see.Β  We do have some of the bevelled edge and jointed strips left over and some adhesives if you need them

Griff

Thats brilliant cheers griff.Β 

Is it single strip / plank then rather than a larger matt?Β 

Β 

5 minutes ago, Andrewcook said:

No Fenders Dangling over board while on the move.

That's a sea thing and for those that play at still being at sea Andrew, most rational pub hoppers don't mess around lifting and dropping fenders all the time on rivers, it adds to the time spent on decks over open water which adds to the hazards.

• Like 2

If I lengthen the fender ropes so they can be put up on the deck then they dangle in the water when under way. If I shorten them so they don't dangle in the water, them they won't stay on the deck, so the fenders stay down. That's my excuse anyway. Plus life's too short for all that faffing around. Wastes valuable pub time, and they need all the support they can get at the moment.

Just a thought though, aren't fenders meant to be removed and stored in baskets when underway at sea? Not left rolling around on deck, in fact I'm thinking they would probably blow back down anyway, which leads me to wonder about the reasoning for leaving them on deck when on the rivers, it cannot be a sea going thing?

• Like 2

I put mine on deck tucked behind the stantions for a blast across breydon but stow them in the lazarette for a sea trip, my old fenders sat behind the stantions better so they stayed there for sea trips but the new ones slip back too far.

For river runs thought they stay down, it's a leisure vessel not a warship.

• Like 3

Hi Adam I to have Wilks Tec decking both strip and mat 12 years old now no problems still looks good moored outside all year round. If you do use it only use their adhesive's and do it in the warm weather, and leave the decking sheets in the sun to warm up before sticking down, you will need a weighted roller to squash it down tight to make a good seal you cant move it once it's down. Very pleased with it, one of the better buys i have bought. John

OK - So I know ALL about this stuff. It looks great but does need to be installed correctly.

Lovejoy looked great after 10 years of having it installed but...

20211215_140718.thumb.jpg.9142433b721488e2c3a31550c7ea2aae.jpg

20211215_140758.thumb.jpg.4f74eced296061421e0ebba042d8d650.jpg

Β 

20211215_140758.thumb.jpg.4f74eced296061421e0ebba042d8d650.jpg

Β 

20220107_121958.thumb.jpg.70ea96afc81d625bfedcafed94f957f3.jpg

Β 

20220211_131854.thumb.jpg.c8285c878e4076d7b61b06007dc9d590.jpg

Β 

20220107_165446.thumb.jpg.86570e64ce8e2f28dd4634b36f719b9f.jpg

Β 

20211213_173507.thumb.jpg.2838cdd240edb3ffe2feeba0ddbe6db9.jpg

Β 

20211209_143803.thumb.jpg.aa11c0ba1f1d5d21df9bdeaaa6e2ccba.jpg

Β 

20211209_142839.thumb.jpg.fca6a9dd611bcfbba5e15cc1e75fcdc9.jpg

It wasnt quite fitted properly and water managed to sneak under (as water does). I spent ages squeezing water out of the hardwood deck beams and the 18mm ply decks just so it would burn.Β 

All the decks, all the deck support beams, both cabin sides, both canopy sliding rails, part of the Fwd cabin sides, a lot of the Aft cabin sides and both sides of the sliding canopy needed replacing as well

Its good stuff but you definitely cant see that damage it may be doing until it comes off.

Just my opinion but - its a no from me.Β 

Β 

Β 

• Thanks 2