One Yard Hiring Out Ok

Andrewcook

1 hour ago, Andrewcook said:

As Richardsons at doing all right Hiring out their Boats but No Herberts. Woods Boats out or any others yet why It's sheer bliss being on the Broads? At the moment. 

I was thinking of taking on a random hire for a week .

But I bought a few tomatoes instead 😂😂😂😂😶

• Haha 3

I'm sitting opposite Herbert Woods now. Had a walk around the yard which is jam-packed full of their boats. Did see one boat - Olympic Light, depart this afternoon, but it was boarded by a family carrying very little, so guess it was being let out just for the afternoon. 

Probably many out over the half term but not much attraction in the rest of February with the weather as it is. Not seen any Ferry Marina either. The only hirecraft out are a few of the more modern Richardsons boats.  There were two Commander types back to back outside the Wroxham Hotel as I drove over the bridge. Would have made a great photo as they were gleaming in the sun, but by the time I had unloaded the car they had gone.

2 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

We were out middle of the month, loads of Richardsons out (mainly ex Swancraft and the big Broadsman types) a lot of Ferry Marina but didn't see any Herbert Woods surprisingly as I though they hired in February. 

It was busy-ish but anything is compared with December :default_biggrin: 

On Herbert Woods late availability page they were offering 20% discount on several boats w/c 27/2/23 and 15% discount on boats w/c 03/03/23.

I understand people wanting the tranquility and peace of the colder months the latest I've been out is the last week in October taking the boat back beginning of November and it was sheer bliss.

The summer months have their pitfalls, mooring availability a bit of anti social behaviour etc but it is a joy to watch the boats and families having a brilliant time. I suppose all seasons have their pros and cons but you can't beat mud weighting on Salhouse Broad on a beautiful summers evening, a glass of some thing nice in hand just watching and listening (being nosy), that's my idea of heaven :default_biggrin: 

Have a great time David and Andrew, stay safe and warm x

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

No you don't want to be on the broads mid winter.Too many river monsters.They wake up in winter.They won't be happy if too many boaters around. 

Coudnt agree more. Terrible time to be out :default_norty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2