Alan ( Ranworth Breeze )

We have sadly just been advised of the sudden passing of our much respected fellow member.

Alan was a moderator for so many years, dispensing sound advice to new mods as we joined the team.

When the change over happened, Alan offered me great advice.

Alan was the Chairman of the Ranworth Breeze syndicate, for over 20 years, I know how much effort he put into making it run smoothly.

Alan will be greatly missed by the many people who knew him, either in person or online.

As a group, we send our deepest condolences to his family and friends.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 20

That's a bit of a shock. Just seen it on FB and came here to see this thread.

As someone who has been involved with the forum for more years than I care to remember and very heavily involved in the day to day running a while back, I knew Alan reasonably well. We've met up a few times on the Broads and he was a really solid and genuine guy and a great help to me in my time at the helm of the forum.

I think of him as wise and experienced and someone who didn't seek the limelight, but who was just willing to get stuck in and get on with it.

RIP Alan, you'll be missed.

• Like 7

Sad news indeed.  Alan’s last post on here just a few days ago, was to say he was heading down to take Ranworth Breeze out for her first trip of the season, starting last Tuesday.  Alan was a great help to me and my co-conspirators last year, when we were researching the possibility of taking the Moonlight Shadow syndicate into self management.

His contributions to both the RB syndicate and to this Forum will be greatly missed.  Thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family at this sad time.

• Like 4

Such a shock :( We met Alan last year and helped him moor up at Potter when he was solo helming. We had a lovely chat and was hoping we would meet up again. Very, very sad news. Selsie and I send our condolences to his family.