Just Saying Hi

Royston

Hi I’ve been reading forums as a guest for a number of years but decided it’s time to join , First holidayed on the broads in around 1975 aboard Janet x from Martham with Dad and younger brother , also did some of the Thames around the same time . My brother like me has been back several times over the years with our own kids , . I have over recent years hired Capri , and Bright Horizon both from Richoe,s and this year will be hireing Royal Velvet  2 in July and Royal Velvet 3 in September , I don’t see myself contributing a lot but I would really love to know what became of Janet x as it’s the reason we both return after all these years , Comeing from the midlands as kids the bug  sense of freedom and relaxation must have bit us hard .    Thanks Royston 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Welcome to the Forum .Always lots of info here.Many members  have life long experience  of the broads.

Regards Ian from Martham.

Many thanks , I am hopeing to call in at potter in July so I may be up Martham way to have a look around , Thanks 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Royston said:

Many thanks , I am hopeing to call in at potter in July so I may be up Martham way to have a look around , Thanks 

We moved here 18 months  ago.As a child first boat was from Martham. So full circle. We love Norfolk  and very happy here.Our boat is at Stalham. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Welcome Royston. I too am hiring Royal Velvet 2 this year, in late September. It's a boat I've fancied hiring for a few years - have you hired it before?

According to this page http://www.broads.org.uk/wiki2018/index.php?title=Boat_Details&BoatId=2108&BoatHistory=2743 Janet 10 left the Broads some years ago sadly.

Thanks for that , seams like it made it to 98 at least , maybe someone’s restoring it in a shed somewhere , no I’ve never hired from brinks before but I think wroxham is a really good place to hire from  can’t wait

5 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Welcome Royston. I too am hiring Royal Velvet 2 this year, in late September. It's a boat I've fancied hiring for a few years - have you hired it before?

According to this page http://www.broads.org.uk/wiki2018/index.php?title=Boat_Details&BoatId=2108&BoatHistory=2743 Janet 10 left the Broads some years ago sadly.

lol

• Like 1