Mariner 2hp 2m 6a1 Service manual and oil mix?

Hi everyone, I've just got myself a little mariner outboard and i was wondering what oil mix it needs. Ive been told that the factory recommended is 100-1 but after doing a search on google, alot of people are saying 50-1. I was hoping someone on here could tell me the right mix. I'm also looking for some sort of manual for the outboard for reference if i need to do any repairs or maintenance.

Im going to be taking it and the boat down to wells wednesday to test it out ( Mainly because i see no reason to buy the toll for the broads till i'll actually be using it after april)

As usual any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi,

I now have a 3.3hp Mercury which I will be using a ratio of 50:1. I should think this would suit your engine too. With regard a manual, I don't know if sending a PM on this link would be of any use to you?

(mods, sorry for cross linking to another forum, but I didn't think it's be too much of a problem in this case)

Thing is, dependant on age, it could be either, but running it on 50:1 will do no harm especially if you are running it at high revs. As for the manual, as these little ones are all basically Tohatsu rebadged here is a PDF of the Tohatsu manual which should help.http://www.tohatsu.com/tech_info/own_man_pdfs/Toh2-5A2_3-5A2_3-5B2.pdf

Hi,

I now have a 3.3hp Mercury which I will be using a ratio of 50:1. I should think this would suit your engine too. With regard a manual, I don't know if sending a PM on this link would be of any use to you?

(mods, sorry for cross linking to another forum, but I didn't think it's be too much of a problem in this case)

Forgot the link, sorry! http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291075

Thing is, dependant on age, it could be either, but running it on 50:1 will do no harm especially if you are running it at high revs.

Yes, very good advice.

I've had the Yamaha 2B version (another clone of the same engine) for nearly 20 years, and have always run it on 50:1, instead of the specified 100:1.

Small two stroke outboards were often marketed as " 100:1 ", to keep up the competition between manufacturers boasts, ( similar to car oil change limits going up, sounds good, but not as good for the engine's long term life).

My Yamaha 2 and my Evinrude 4hp twin run very sweetly and cleanly on 50:1, and quite a bit cooler than when I tried them at 100:1.

That amount of extra lubrication will do no harm, and will undoubtedly result in less wear, especially if run at above half throttle, as Antares said...