Recapturing ‘normal’ Life (at Long Last)

YnysMon

Ages ago, probably more than twelve years ago, I used to sing in a choir that do various church services, including standing in as visiting choirs in cathedrals when their choir boys/girls are on holiday.

Yesterday evening I rejoined the Choir. Loved it!

We are a small choir.

http://quorummk.org.uk/

Our big event this year will be standing in as the visiting choir at St Albans the final weekend of August. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Sounds wonderful Helen. I love to sing ... there's a few choirs around and about but I haven't yet plucked up the courage to see if I might want to join. Not that they're anything like this one. St Albans should be quite an experience. I was watching the abbey on a video earlier this week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

Sounds wonderful Helen. I love to sing ... there’s a few choirs around and about but I haven't yet plucked up the courage to see if I might want to join. Not that they're anything like this one. St Albans should be quite an experience. I was watching the abbey on a video earlier this week.

You must pluck up that courage Jean. There’s nothing like it. I was far too timid when I was younger. I didn’t think I had the voice or skill to join a choir, even though I could read music. There are lots of choirs around that don’t expect people to read music though. Just look at the choirs that Gareth Malone has mentored. Just joining in and enjoying it is what it’s all about.

• Like 1