Back to The Classroom (or carer required)

http://www.yachtingmonthly.com/news/530 ... 0-forecast

Footage from the RNLI

http://www.rnli.org.uk/who_we_are/press ... ng=Rescues

Jason Manning of The Sailing School then issued a statement part of which includes his disappointment with the way the rescue has been reported.
:?

You decide :shocked

I have replaced the name of the company with 'The Sailing School'.

This incident is the third time in 12 months that the The Sailing School has had unfortunate accidents. The first was in January lasy year when Liquid Fusion a Bavaria 36 hit the Goodwin Sands and broke upp in a south-westerly gale. Her crew were air-lifted to safety. The second was in May when Liquid Vortex was in a Channel race in a south-westerly Force 5 when she gybed trying to avoid a fishing boat and the helmswoman was taken to hospital with head and spine injuries after being hit by the mainsheet. An MAIB report subsequently found some of the crew were inexperienced and that the skipper had not fully assessed the potential risk of collision.

Well! I'm not taking any lessons with that lot :naughty:

Oop's,

I did my day skipper (sail) with them a few years ago... :o

I got an email from them recently looking for folks to crew one of their boats from Southampton to London for the Boat Show.

I'm glad I didn't take them up on it!