Work Wanted

teadaemon

I'm an experienced boatyard worker, based in Ludham (with own transport), and currently looking for work (available immediately).

IIMS Level 1 Diploma in Yacht & Small Craft Surveying

I can do (and particularly enjoy) handovers and river trials (total novices and non-native English speakers a speciality).

Familiar with stability testing on both cruisers and open boats.

Experienced in most general maintenance tasks, familiar with most boat systems (although not a qualified mechanic).

30 years experience of boating (mostly sailing) on the Broads.

If you require a full CV and/or references, then please send me a message.

I can also do work (cleaning, antifouling, general maintenance, project management) for private boat owners on a casual basis - very reasonable rates.

handovers and river trials (total novices and non-native English speakers a speciality).

Kris Cruisers is pretty close to Heathrow so we used to get a lot of hirers from abroad, most spoke a smattering of English but there were one or two who could not speak a word. I have schoolboy French but ordering a beer or buying a train ticket was not much use during a handover especially when explaining to pump out the holding tanks!!

Hope you find something soon.

Good luck i hope you find a job soon.

Not a great time at mo, firstly its winter so there are no temp positions that could be a foot in for a perminant job and secondly some yards are trying to loose staff at not taking on.

I have had tripple the amount of CV's sent to me in the last 12months than previous years, but im a sole trader with no plans to expand. I just hope that with a number of skilled guys out of work there is not an influx of guys doing the odd job for cash as this will soon start to take work away from myself and the large yards. this could lead to more laying of staff and the visious cycle to continue.

Good luck once again.