Holiday booked

Brian J.

At last I have convinced SWMBO that a Broads holiday is A GOOD THING.

We have booked Silver Mystique from Silverline Marine at Brundall from 15th September for a week. The tides don't look as favourable as they could be as I think it will be springs and slack water Yar. yacht station is about between 0830 and 9000 on the 16th Sept. But I suppose I can't have everything, at least I am getting on a boat again.

We haven't made a passage plan yet, will leave that to nearer the time, but better half would like to get to Ranworth Broad AND Beccles!!! Typical woman.

Hope to see some of you then and John ( H. ADmiral) I still owe you a beer.

Brian J. :wave:wave

At last I have convinced SWMBO that a Broads holiday is A GOOD THING.

We have booked Silver Mystique from Silverline Marine at Brundall from 15th September for a week. The tides don't look as favourable as they could be as I think it will be springs and slack water Yar. yacht station is about between 0830 and 9000 on the 16th Sept. But I suppose I can't have everything, at least I am getting on a boat again.

We haven't made a passage plan yet, will leave that to nearer the time, but better half would like to get to Ranworth Broad AND Beccles!!! Typical woman.

Hope to see some of you then and John ( H. ADmiral) I still owe you a beer.

Brian J. :wave:wave

Brian, Hi

Don't know where you got those tide times from but the Norfolk-Broads.org tides calculator shows 05.36 and 18.03 on the 16th. Sunset on the 15th is 19.10. If you got away from Brundall by 15.00 you'd be able to spend the night in GH and get away early with the flood on Sun morn!

I look forward to that beer! cheersbar

John, ? GH. :?:?

With slack water at 18:03 and sunset at 19:10 you won't be able to get that far up the Bure after passing through the bridges

before you lose the light so I would expect this to be a typo where John meant to send GY (Great Yarmouth).

i.e Get through the bridges and then moor up for the night, remember that there are no moorings on the Bure until you get a fair way up

(Stokesby has the first if my memory serves and they are usually full whenever I have gone past.)

Also remember that with the failing light arriving at a distant mooring only to find it full will give you a problem.

With the early slack being 05:36 on the day you go through it will be about an hour later the next day,

and hence after about 07:00 you will have the flood under you to help you up the Bure.

(It is worth remembering the slack water occurs when the incoming flood builds up to match the out flow of the river

so actually the tide has already turned when you get slack water, which is why it is an hour AFTER low water Yarmouth)

Thanks John and Ian. After having thought a bit more about the itinery, we will probably stay south for the first couple of days, then have a quick dash north when tides are a more reasonable time for late risers.

Will play it by ear thereafter. cheersbarcheersbar