Looking for summer moorings.

ExUserGone

Hi All

I'm looking for somewhere to moor my boat during the coming summer season on the southern broads, the boat is an RLM 31 with 8' of airdraft so not behind low bridges, I'm normally based on the great ouse in Cambs. but fancy a season on the broads but returning back to gt.ouse for winter, any good places recommended?

Dave.

You may want to try Goodchild at Burgh Castle, Waveny River Centre or Bells of Brundal Dave, the three are well spaced and offer quite different experiences depending on your requirements, I'm certain there will be more suggestions.

Good news is there are no bridges that won't give you 8' on the southern side although you would have to watch your tides for beccles old.

For a 6 month moorings you could try Brundal Bay, they are the biggest on the broads.

As David says it depends which part you prefer. The upper reaches are the pretty bits of the southerns but the ends are a fair distance apart, think Reedham is full but it is good in that it offers easy reach for everywhere being in the middle, Goodchilds or St Olaves are probably the next most central although I think the later charges quite a lot for short term moorings.