Minature engineering!

VetChugger

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Amazing. It reminds me of a scale model of a ferrari road car somebody made. Everything to the last detai, which i think must have been something like 10 or 12-1, including a WORKING flat 12 engine. It took the guy sometning like 10 years to make, and you could actually start it up via a mini key on the dashboard, and rev it up with a foot accelerator on the floor. The guy said it was an exact replica in minature, and if you could find somebody small enough, they could sit in it, start it up and drive it away just like the real thing. Even the clutch and gearbox were perfect working minature replicas.

Amazing stuff!

When I was about 13, there was a retired cabbie who lived across the road whose hobby was engineering and building model steam powered boats.

The attention to detail was fantastic and all the work was done in the small spare room where most of the space was taken up with a treadle powered Colchester lathe.

Hi,

Not in the same league, but made eight of these up to simulate a jet engine fans on a scale model recently (Dornier Do 31e).

For the Model Engineers out there, they were produced on a mill with a 45deg dovetail cutter and a rotary table mounted on a compound table.

Ian :Stinky

post-73-136713881572_thumb.jpg