Norfolk Broads. Gem or dustbin?

Worthy

It is sad that these buildings in this state, however i thought the broads hotel in hoveton was going to be re developed (proberbly end up as residential. but its hardly pulling the broards down to a dustbin, as you cant see most of these buildings from the river. The riverside its mostly tidy and the park area with its benches and pleasnt paths are a massive improvment on the scrubbland it was a few years ago, giving boaters an easy walk from the moorings under the railway bridge into the village. This area is also a nice safe area for family's to feed water birds.

improvments can always be made but postings that only point out the area's that need developing/renovating does't help tourists make the decision to come, pan a few degree's on those camara shots and things look alot better.

Empty buildings or boarded up buildings are always sad to see, but the Broads cannot be totally excluded from a problem that is countrywide, if anything it certainly seems from the Broads I visit that these are a smaller percentage than other parts of the country... but to be honest you could go to any part of the country, holiday location or not and photograph some closed down businesses or buildings awaiting redevelopment... I think the reality is it is not a shameful problem that is ruining Broadland but of course it would be lovely to see these problems conquered nationwide, but perhaps it is not the reality of the real world?

Dan

This doesn't bother me too much as regards visitors as I've lived here for over 30 years and never heard of this rag. I can't believe anyone outside of Norfolk has either... :naughty::naughty::naughty:

John

Eye witness 24 is a new thing which has started during the last week,they areasking the public to send pictures of things they see,its run by the local rag (Archant) and has been deatured in the EDP and EEN

Hardly the same thing wayneakp, that picture purely shows some street art decorating hoarding around a construction site. It would be nice if Station Rd Hoveton and parts of Potter Heigham looked remotely like that, but sadly they don't, they resemble something that looks like the Luftwaffe have visited.

Hardly the same thing wayneakp, that picture purely shows some street art decorating hoarding around a construction site. It would be nice if Station Rd Hoveton and parts of Potter Heigham looked remotely like that, but sadly they don't, they resemble something that looks like the Luftwaffe have visited.

It is of course easy to pick on parts of the broads that are not so nice, as I did, tongue in cheek, with a shot of London - maybe look at some of the other pictures of the broads on that same site. It would be nice for all areas to be pristine, but especilly in these times that isnt going to happen.

Maybe if people focused on the positives in life

Overall Gem I say ....

Actually Wayne, you have managed to make the canal look quite attractive there. Maybe worth a call to the London Tourist Board, see if they would like you to photograph some more of their less salubrious sites. :naughty::lol:

What about a nice waterscape Ian, do you think I should send the photo to Boris? :naughty::naughty:

post-710-136713882706_thumb.jpg