Body found at a Broads boatyard potter heigham

jillR

His name is still not being released by the press or official sources, but it was quite a shock to me, and as has been mentioned elsewhere on the net, he will be very sadly missed by the many people who will have known him.

Sincere condolences to his family.

It has been confirmed in another place who it was and he will be missed greatly.

One of Broadlands great characters.

Everytime my boat has been through Potter bridge it was with Graham at the helm. Always cheerful, always helpful, always made it look so easy.

Sincere Condolences to His Family & Friends

It looks like it could have been a nasty accident, maybe the poor guy slipped on the icey sufaces and fell in, or blacked out for some reason and did likewise, in these low tempretures it wouldnt take long for hypothermia to set in and cause a heart attack even in the strongest of swimmers.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family at such a sad time.

Julz :wave

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Going on the above posts, am i right in assuming he was the bridge pilot (or one of them?), if so, it was probably he who took us through PH bridge in June 2010 on Tower Bridge. He was a really nice chap and i`m sure he will be sadly missed by all who knew him. Condlences and best wishes go out to his family and friends. Regards to all ............... Neil.

Very sad indeed, and a real loss to to the fabric of Broadland, but if it has not been confirmed from official sources it usually means that all family (not neccasarily local) have not been informed, not nice to find out from some forum if that is or was at the time indeed the case.

Very sad indeed, and a real loss to to the fabric of Broadland, but if it has not been confirmed from official sources it usually means that all family (not neccasarily local) have not been informed, not nice to find out from some forum if that is indeed the case.

100% and absolutely right, although another forum did post his name and an unofficial confirmation way before the official release which is absolutely disgracefull. However, his name was released on local radio on their early afternoon bulletins yesterday

During my time on Fishing News we often had a moratorium on naming vessels and crew member losses until offical notification that all family had been informed and sometimes for a while afterward of the event. An NBN moderateor knew the details but refrained from confirming early for just that reason.

During my time on Fishing News we often had a moratorium on naming vessels and crew member losses until offical notification that all family had been informed and sometimes for a while afterward of the event. An NBN moderateor knew the details but refrained from confirming early for just that reason.

Obviously in my last job, these types of press releases were inevitable and even the forums and news sources kept details absolutely secret, I would hate to be a family member or even a close friend finding out from an un-official source. I must admit we confirmed the name after the name was released on local radio, but I am still very annoyed that someone elsewhere thought it right to tell the world in a psuedo=official type way.

I did not know the person well, but knew him nonetheless as we had a boat at Potter for several years, but that is irrelevant, the loss of anyone in the boating community is always felt. But it brings home a few truths, we are all mortal and the waterside can be a dangerous place. I wont speculate as to the actual reasons he died but am inclined to accept the general speculation of 'he may have slipped' as being a possibility and one which we all need to be aware of. What is for sure, following last years appauling Broads statistics, this I fear, doesn't bode well for 2012. Lets just hope we don't have a repeat of 2011.

I was kindly informed from the other forum last night that this was done with the full knowlege of the deceased's family so comments relating to premature naming, including mine are, in this instance incorrect and an apology is due and offered.

I asked the question if it was the man with the dark curly hair, and seeing the last link to the EDP....

Only used him twice, through and back.....

But a very nice man, cheerfull with the kids and OH...

A pleasure to have him take me through...

Condolences to the family. and RIP mr potter....

:Stinky through the bridge

we had a few good chats with him ... while he was shooting the bridge for us & once the rush was over he was always willing to chat to boaters even if it was to say what a lovely day were having

such a sad loss to the broads ... condolences to the family

Jonny

Heard the news when we were away and must say what a shock and sad loss to any of us who knew Graham will be.We changed our boat to get to the Hickling area ,two of the pleasures for us was the banter and knowledge shown by Graham as we went through and then the fact we were on the other side to enjoy what it had to offer.It will never seem the same .Graham was to us one of the few characters left on the Broads and we shall miss him.Our thoughts are with his family at this sad time.Diane and Roy