VISITOR MOORINGS

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

i know to some this may seem a silly question, but do any of the marina`s on the broads have visitor moorings, which could also be used by hire boats. The reason for asking is that when we moored in Swancrafts boatyard last year, i did wonder that if they (and Silverline and Alphacraft) refused us permission to moor for the night, where`else is open for visiting hirecraft, especially as there is precious little public mooring places in the Brundall area. One of the other reasons for asking is that Maffett Cruisers (who we`ve hired from on many occasions) are NOT an agency yard, and on a previous holiday, we pulled in at Moores boatyard and were told because Swallow was NOT an agency boat, we would have to pay for mooring there. It occurred to me, that should this happen again in somewhere (like Brundall) where there is little, if any, public moorings, would we be able to obtain a visitors mooring on a hire boat in any of the commercial marinas. Also, i now have a 240v hook-up lead (thanks John, HA) with a 3 pin socket and circuit breaker on the boat end, (similar to what w44nty very kindly loaned to us last year, thanks Steve) so we could use the leccy at a visitor mooring in a marina.

Give Bells a ring, Neil; we moor there and you may mention our name (if you dare!). If we're not there you may use our mooring if they agree.

Also I know Brundall Bay have visitors moorings but they do charge, see below:

VISITORS MOORINGS

Daily Visitors' Mooring includes all facilities: £16.00 Per day / night

Also I know Brundall Bay have visitors moorings but they do charge, see below:

VISITORS MOORINGS

Daily Visitors' Mooring includes all facilities: £16.00 Per day / night

I don't think they allow hire craft in though John.

Brundall is a bit limited for moorings. You've either got Coldham Hall, Brundall Gardens, mudweight in Surlingham broad, or go upstream a bit further to Surlingham ferry or the public moorings opposite there. I think that's about it if you can't get into any of the hire yards.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

It`s a shame that Brundal IS`NT better served with more public moorings, as it`s a good place to stop and get the train into Norwich. I know you can moor at Thorpe river green, we did last year for lunch one day, but that`s only if you can get under the bridges. It`s also a great place to stop and have a look at all the different types of boat in the various marinas (and then come away crying coz you can`t afford any of them). We`ll more than likely stop off at Brundall again this year, and with Karen fully recovered after her surgery, we can actually walk up to the village.

John, (Hockam Admiral) i thought you moored at WRC?, am i wrong (often the case) or have you had a change around?.

That's the ironic thing though Neil, there are thousands of moorings in Brundall, just none of them public! Hire craft are best off trying one of the hire yards I suspect, and even though Maffetts are non hire federation, I'm sure you could get into one of them even if it means paying for it.

It`s a shame that Brundal IS`NT better served with more public moorings, as it`s a good place to stop and get the train into Norwich. I know you can moor at Thorpe river green, we did last year for lunch one day, but that`s only if you can get under the bridges. It`s also a great place to stop and have a look at all the different types of boat in the various marinas (and then come away crying coz you can`t afford any of them). We`ll more than likely stop off at Brundall again this year, and with Karen fully recovered after her surgery, we can actually walk up to the village.

John, (Hockam Admiral) i thought you moored at WRC?, am i wrong (often the case) or have you had a change around?.

Neil, HI

I would have thought that Swallow would get under the Thorpe bridges OK? It's only a short bus ride into the city centre from there and the Oaklands Hotel provides the best value carvery we've come across.... anywhere! :clap:clap

We moor at Bells now; when a floating mooring came up we couldn't afford to miss it! ;);)

Hi Neil.

I don't think you would have a problem mooring at Silverline as they are a very friendly lot. I have seen other yards craft moored there, a quick phone call would confirm this.

No problem taking Swallow under either Thorpe bridge having taken her and her long lost sister Flamingo through.

Fred

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi all, yes, we took Swallow under Thorpe bridges and moored for lunch at the Green. We also moored overnight at Swan crafts yard, and they even let us use their 240v hook up for the night, which helped a great deal, especially when Karen wanted to dry her hair.

We decided to moor at Swancrafts, because they have a nice lawn in front of the yard, the family there were also very friendly, which is why, i`d seriously consider hiring from them.

We decided to moor at Swancrafts, because they have a nice lawn in front of the yard, the family there were also very friendly, which is why, i`d seriously consider hiring from them.

Couldn’t agree more Neil. Jen, Tony and Paul (and Sam) are lovely people and have really gone that extra mile to look after us over the years. Top notch yard IMHO. Maybe give Tony a quick bell before hand but I’m sure they’d be happy to have you. Deservedly popular yard, so there should be plenty of room!

cheersbar

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Couldn’t agree more Neil. Jen, Tony and Paul (and Sam) are lovely people and have really gone that extra mile to look after us over the years. Top notch yard IMHO. Maybe give Tony a quick bell before hand but I’m sure they’d be happy to have you. Deservedly popular yard, so there should be plenty of room!

cheersbar

The yard WAS empty when we went in June last year Howard. We like the look of their Alph 32 ctr/cpt next time there`s 4 in our crew, as it`s a much better layout than the 35 ctr ckpt, which has a very cramped cental en-suite cabin.

We like the look of their Alph 32 ctr/cpt

That would be Swan Royale Neil. We hire it just about every summer if we can. Superb boat. Really well maintained and the Beta diesel is very quiet and I’ll swear it runs on fresh air. Very roomy and well laid out as you say. You would be comfortable with four and there are 2 separate cabins both en-suite. Plenty of room in the saloon. I’d buy it like a shot if it came off hire (if I had the money – ha ha). If you're interested get in quick though, it soon books up!!! Very popular boat.

cheersbar

post-131-136713885916_thumb.jpg