Timothy spall

Guest Jonny

Thanks for the heads up Jonny otherwise I'd have missed all the upcoming episodes.

Just watched it on iPlayer and set to record the other episodes. Why Mr Spall doesn't remove or lash things down on deck is beyond me :norty: .

Oh, and thanks to the BBC for their fantastic promotion and advertising (not!) of this wonderful series.

Did notice that the red duster was a bit frayed on the edges.

Great to have it back on the screens but given the magnitude of what he has undertaken and the character that he is, you can't help thinking that there must have been more than 6 hours TV to be extracted from it. :cry

I always find this entertaining in a quirky way, I think because his thoughts and mistakes are not hidden and on show. A touch of the "there for the grace of god".

Did anyone else mentally urge him to steerto starboard entering Banff on seeing the wave approaching from Starboard. It seemed to do as I feared which was knock his centred course between the pier heads off to port and potential collision with the harbour wall. Those of us that have entered Lowestoft with a beam sea would know what to do :shocked

I always find this entertaining in a quirky way, I think because his thoughts and mistakes are not hidden and on show. A touch of the "there for the grace of god".

Did anyone else mentally urge him to steerto starboard entering Banff on seeing the wave approaching from Starboard. It seemed to do as I feared which was knock his centred course between the pier heads off to port and potential collision with the harbour wall. Those of us that have entered Lowestoft with a beam sea would know what to do :shocked

He certainly did seem to come a bit too close to the portside wall for comfort.

And what should one do when faced with that situation?

Especially when coming in with a rough sea running and a boat that is basically a river barge...

My gut feeling would be to keep closer to the up sea wall to give more room to manouvre if pushed down, but keep her straight.

That did look like a particularly nasty sea state for the approach!

Absolutely the best episode I have seen of this show from the very first series until now and I am so glad that they gave time to Olly Rofix, a total hero down here in Ipswich. It's worth watching his treatment video of when he was in Ipswich Hospital to see that raising to the challenge of sailing an 18 ft boat around Britain was a world away from his life then and to appreciate what a great job people do in those NHS units.

Great show tonight! A few things to look at if you find a moment:

Olly Rofix's treatment video

Oliver's Travels website http://www.olivers-travels.co.uk/

Incidentally, I think I will send Tim a 'How to repair a dinghy' leaflet!! :D

Incidentally, I think I will send Tim a 'How to repair a dinghy' leaflet!! :D

Don't encourage him Gav, at least the latest bodge looked salavgable. :naughty:

Great episode, good job he aborted, I wouldn't have wanted to be entering Whitby in that lot. :o

• 2 weeks later...