Outboard engines

Jim

I notice that Norfolk Marine are selling Hidea outboards now.

Does anyone have experience of this manufacturer and if so, what are your thoughts?

I was thinking of buying their 2.5hp model for our Seago 260 inflatable

cheers

Jim

I haven’t got any firsthand experience of Hidea, but it appears (from Internet searches) that they are made in China and distributed in the UK by Marathon Leisure of Hayling Island. I’ve checked on Marathon Leisure’s web site and, although they give a list of agents (Norfolk Marine being one), I couldn’t find a list of service agents.

I think, before I handed over any readies, I would want to know more about the availability of parts and service agents in my area. There is a tendency to get what you pay for.

But you could always buy one and let us know how you get on :naughty:

It seems that Hidea outboards are not so well known as Tohatsu and as a couple of fellow forumites have recommended them in the past, I feel inclined to go with a better known product.

Just emailed an enquiry to Russell Marine for a quote :wave

Go for the Tohatsu Jim, they make the small outboards for just about all the big names to re badge so a quality piece of kit with good back up. The Hidea ones are not that cheap when you consider the unknown heritage, I would want a bit more of an incentive to be an early adoptor with something like that.