Sorry Wayne but rather than help I think I may well make your choice more difficult. :naughty: Having fitted both there's not much to choose except that the Garmin is N2K certified so addition and interfacing with AIS and other stuff will be more straight forward and will be faster and more reliable. Personally for comms I would also look at Icom and Standard Horison, Icom is high quality kit and the Standard Horizons are packed with useful features and truly remote (wireless) handsets. If you already have either Garmin or RM nav kit and have no plans to upgrade it I would always try to match as you don't then wind up with a fight on your hands if you have interfacing issues.

Thanks (I think :? ) David

I have a new Standard Horizion GX-300E with MMSI never input. However it is quite a bulky unit and I want to tidy my helm hence the thought to go modular. I like the idea of the wireless but cannot find anything. I have RM Nav gear so I guess it makes sense to go with the 240E after all.

regards

Wayne

Thanks David

Thinking on I might be a little too clumsy for a mic that is not attached to anything :o . As you say it makes sense to interface the existing kit so its probably the raymarine 240E. Have seen some on ebay from time to time but they seem to make not that much short of a new one.

cheers

Wayne