Guest Snuggtopz

hiya

for the amount i'd sell I think you are right, but i could possibly pic up

a couple on the way in as a favour to customers :-). same with milk etc

And yes Mark, I need a proper base to work from and the plus side is I can

watch the ducks while I sew :-)

Rich

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Actually, the idea of picking up consumables on the way in is a good one.

How about taking orders for papers, milk, bread etc from overnight moorers, then pick them up on the way with an agreed delivery charge. Most people are happy enough to pay a little extra for the convenience of havings things delivered.

I think the ideal things to stock would be jars, tins and dried stuff, with perishables to order, if it`s feasable of course.

I don`t know about the legal side of things, but how about a few basic medical supplies, such as plasters, headache tablets, germaline and disinfectant etc. Always a nessecity on the rivers considering the water is`nt exactly clean.

Also, cleaning stuff such as washing up liquid, Jif (Cif?) cleaner, cloths and scourers, and a few teatowels etc to replace the ones that get either lost or "accidentally" dropped overboard. Not forgetting buckets and scrubbing brushes etc.

I'm not sure I want to go too far down the food route although I will be ordering

some boilies for the fishermen heheh. they might be nice in a fry up :-)

I have made out an order for bio degradable toilet blue, washing up liquid and general cleaner

tea towels etc is a good idea i'll see what i can do there.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

hiya

Got the keys today and quite a bit of stock on order, some of it will be late for the opening

but things are moving forward and we might even be open a little earlier than planned if the

painting etc goes well .

Fingers crossed

richard

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
I will be very pleased to meet you and say hi, hopefully i will have the kettle

working and offer you a cuppa :-)

Regards

Richard

A very sensible idea, especially as i`m allergic to alcahol :lol::lol: .

• 2 months later...

We called in at Bramerton last week and popped into Richard’s shop. It’s in a lovely setting right next to the river. The rear half is the workshop and Richard demonstrated his industrial sewing machines which will just about stitch through anything! Mrs Nog was most impressed.

The shop part is full of various boating goodies as well as fishing gear and a wide range of cleaning products. Richard also stocks an interesting selection of gifts as well as essential groceries and provisions. Really well worth popping in if you up that way. Had a most enjoyable chat with Richard too before a brief visit to the pub. Highly recommended.

cheersbar

post-131-136713913546_thumb.jpg

hiya

will be very pleased to see you Jonny :teddy:

I began stocking electricity cards this week and sold out almost straight away, so I guess next week i will have to double

the amount of cards I keep :-) the Marine 16 complete bug treatment and injector cleaner also sold out straight away

and I have already doubled my stock of that.

Arriving this week will be a range of genuine DOT fasteners in bubble packs for on the spot repairs, floating high power VHF

handheld radio from Cobra, large size bottled water to go with the basic groceries, more seaside themed goodies like seagul

door stops and lots more bungee ball ties as they seem to be going well.

Regards

Richard