Faulty straight out of the box.

Thought I’d fit the massive overkill pantograph wipers that I have been threatening to do for a while on Friday, so, took everything out of boxes and packets, gathered all tools and cable, terminals and stuff to hand. This should be a breeze, and at first it was, all extra holes drilled, slight modification to the head lining board and pod to accommodate and the the first one was on in no time at all. Then came the test, turned on the wipers and pop, fuse blown so disconnect and connect the other one to the same cables and held it whilst SWMBO tried the wipers, pop again, another fuse. Anyway this has gone on long enough so cut to the chase, on investigating, the cables, all three nicely colour coded had been transposed, the allegedly “park†signal cable was in fact the -0v and the allegedly -0v cable was in fact the park cable, rather than just connect as they were, I removed the one I already mounted, stripped the casings and changed the colours over to reflect the wiring diagram given so as not to confuse a future owner, So a couple of hours job turned into a four hour job and could have resulted in damage to either the wiper motors or our boats cabling. Lesson learned, do not trust stuff even straight out of the box. :oops:

Only got the port one finised Perry, rain (& Shipwreck) stopped play, still the stbd one will be straight forward enough.

I shall be visiting them in person with a large garden gnome under my arm Mark.

Classic!

And if the "faulty" title of the thread is a reference to "Fawlty" - as if the gnome reference had been foreseen at the time of the first post - I'm very impressed indeed.