A Pair Of Anchors.

16 hours ago, marshman said:

Trouble is, them there anchors don't hold too well in mud - might as well chuck your drill over!!!!

That's why they're up for grabs. See what I did there? :default_coat:

Someone higher up the food chain may confirm this but I think Edward Woodward would have purchased these for use on the Thames, and the sea on the way round there from Lowestoft. 

They are generally sell on Ebay for about £30 so I am asking the same but £50 for the two. A lady from the west coast has asked if she can have one at a reduced price because "it will cost me £60 to collect it". I love the cheek of these people. I told her boating is expensive.

• Haha 2

Actually, I would have taken one (I'm on the Great Ouse, and have a gravel bottom a lot of the time)

But presumably you are in the Norfolk area, so postage or collection would not make it cost effective. Shame it wasn't a week or two earlier, when I was up 2 weekends on the trot !

43 minutes ago, Bikertov said:

Actually, I would have taken one (I'm on the Great Ouse, and have a gravel bottom a lot of the time)

I'm sure you can get cream for that :default_hiding:

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

The problem with the gravel bottom on the RGO is that it's often above the top of the RGO.

As you found out at hemmingford lock.

You're not wrong there - It is a bit disconcerting when you think you can see the bottom of the river, and you are in the middle of the channel !

And a lot of vegetation too, that I'm sure will get sucked in or caught round the prop at some time.