Pump Out

Three days in to hire and the Yard say we need a pump out. Had Same boat for three years and always lasted the week. Yellow Mello use.

trouble is at Norwich YS and theirs is not working, Where is the nearest please?

On 18/06/2024 at 11:23, Maxwellian said:

Three days in to hire and the Yard say we need a pump out. Had Same boat for three years and always lasted the week. Yellow Mello use.

trouble is at Norwich YS and theirs is not working, Where is the nearest please?

Hi there @Maxwellian just had confirmation from the Quay Rangers that Norwich is operational again as of today.

Tom

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

I know most boats have a holding tank which is by far the best but where do people empty their cassette toilets if a Thetford / porta loo is on board. When we had our 1st boat I had to go back to the marina to empty ours or if on southern broads WRC were always kind enough to let me use their camping site waste point. Does anyone know of any others. 

The Newer Holding Waste tank are very good if it's only Two of that would last a week.  If I went on the Boat now I it would last Two days due to me just having a Emergency Bowel Operation plus being in Intensive Care now Home with my water rates going up till  it settles as I will be on the Broads next year. :default_beerchug:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Andrewcook said:

The Newer Holding Waste tank are very good if it's only Two of that would last a week.  If I went on the Boat now I it would last Two days due to me just having a Emergency Bowel Operation plus being in Intensive Care now Home with my water rates going up till  it settles as I will be on the Broads next year. :default_beerchug:

Believe me you have my sympathy. 

2 hours ago, MargeandParge said:

Maxwellian we think you need a doctor not a pump out if you've filled the holding tank in three days :default_biggrin:.

Your boat must have been missed you are a regular hirer maybe too regular for Your holding tank. 

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

A lot of newer craft have electric flush loos with no control over how much water is used to flush.  Some also have the grey waste diverted into the holding tank, so washing up water etc doesn’t go into the rivers - just leave that to Anglian Water!  

• Like 3

A lot of newer craft have electric flush loos with no control over how much water is used to flush.  

We had this issue with our previous 12v macerating w/c,  It did have the option of a short flush or a long flush and that was it.

Upgrade to the current item, it has a simple rocker switch one for fill and one for evacuate - We now have control over how much flushing water goes into the bowl - Much better and a lot less flushing water filling up t waste tank

When crewed up with male crew:-

If it's yellow - Let it mellow         If it's brown - flush it down

This method along with using shoreside facilities with six chaps on a lads week the holding tank can quite happily last all week

Put a girly crew onboard - and emptying the holding tank could quite easily become a daily experience :default_icon_eek:

Griff

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Maxwellian said:

Absolutely sure that the hire yard did not empty. 

Thought so, that's sloppy. Having said that, the only time it happened to me was with Royall's who were brilliant in every other respect. I guess you have to look at it in the overall context of the service you receive.

20 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

Thought so, that's sloppy. . . . . . . . 

Unfortunate turn of phrase, Simon.  Maybe better words to describe a holding tank full to capacity!  :default_hiding:

• Haha 4