Aerials

John! got this reply back,,,,,

Hello Frank.

Although the Log40 does give a bit more signal than a DM Log, the length of it is one of the reasons we actually recommend the latter over the former for boats and caravans. That plus the fact it`s more easily fixed when it gets bent, which it will do regularly if used as a touring aerial.

I wouldn`t advise moving the bracket to the middle of the aerial, it could significantly compromise its performance. Theoretically you could use a plastic cradle in the middle of the aerial as that`s non conducting, though you`d have to make one up yourself !

Alternatively, if you`ve still got the box and the aerial is in as new condition we`re prepared to swap it for you (for a DM Log, length 3ft 6ins), though you`ll have to pay carriage each way obviously !

http://www.aerialsandtv.com/atvschoiceo ... Dimensions

Regards Justin Smith

John, nice pics of the pole mounts. Does the pole extend telescopically (big word) or do you manually add sections to it?

I can see this being an option on the transom of my little Viking :wave .