More Holiday Bridge Woes Ahead!

MY littleboat

Well it wouldn't be a holiday period if Network Rail didn't have something up their sleeve to screw us over...again:

BROADS AUTHORITY

NOTICE TO MARINERS No.4 of 2012

Notice of closure, Oulton Broad Swing Bridge

Notice is hereby given that Oulton Broad Swing Bridge will be closed during the following periods for work to be undertaken on the bridge on behalf of Network Rail.

During the following periods the bridge will not be able to open:

23:30 28 April – 05:00 30 April 2012

23:45 4 May - 05:30 7 May 2012

23:45 11 May - 05:30 19 May2012

At the above times vessels normally able to navigate through the bridge in the closed position will still be able to pass but should be aware that the normal opening will be restricted by a further 3 metres. Vessels should navigate the area with care and caution.

Angie Leeper

Assett Officer

Broads Authority

Didn't know there was a swing bridge at Oulton Broad, I assume you mean Lothing and in any case I can't see it being much of an issue, and there's always YH. Stuff has to be maintaind so it doesn't break down and inconvenience mariners for longer periods, remember the hoo ha about Somerleyton, maybe if they had that off line for short periods there would not have been the lengthy issue with it.